Died after 1 day - Kia Niro Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Died after 1 day

Finished the paperwork for a 18 LX with Tech package at about 11am yesterday. !0.30am today it died - display panel said something about hybrid problem and then regenerative brakes problem. Had to wait about 3 hrs for the tow truck to come. Hopefully this is a one off thing. Enjoyed driving it for the day we had.
extech67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Sorry to hear your having problems. Since you just got it I doubt the paperwork went through yet. See if the dealer will just swap cars with you for another one. I'd be pretty insistent he does it or just cancel the sale.
lafe005 likes this.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Dealer called to say that the fuse for the low voltage battery was broken and there were none in the country, It had to be shipped in from Korea (they said 203 weeks). I talked to a manager who didn't want to do anything really. I said that I still had reviews to do, including a google review they texted me shortly after the sale. He said he would talk to the Kia rep. fingers crossed.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralser View Post
Dealer called to say that the fuse for the low voltage battery was broken and there were none in the country, It had to be shipped in from Korea (they said 203 weeks). I talked to a manager who didn't want to do anything really. I said that I still had reviews to do, including a google review they texted me shortly after the sale. He said he would talk to the Kia rep. fingers crossed.
Thatís crazy! 203 weeks??? Thatís 4 years! Are they going to give you a loaner for that time? If so, that might not be too bad. Youíll have a 4 year old car with 20 miles on it.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 07:39 PM

That Is Crazy!!!!! I hope you have a loaner. They could easily pull the fuse out of one of their in stock cars so you don't have to wait. I'd make a lot of noise, there's alot of things they can do. If it really has to come from Korea tell them DHL ships from there, takes a day or two. The simplest thing is to take a fuse out of one of their cars.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Garage
I think he meant to write 2-3 weeks...

Anyways, that's still an insane wait, considering you just bought it. Indeed, they should give you the fuse from one of their other cars in inventory in the meantime, or a loaner car.

2018 PHEV
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

We did get a loaner. But of course we are pissed off. I spoke to a manager - said with 3 weeks the car will now be only 5 days from being a lemon (in Wisconsin its 4 attempts to fix a problem, or 30 days without the car: the manger said it was 3 attempts). I then also said I haven't done any reviews of the dealer yet (I got a text immediately to do a quick google review right after the sale). This got the manager to say he would talk to his Kia rep. Waiting to hear back. I wasn't fast enough to remember that it was morning in Korea and they could get the part overnight.
extech67 likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 PM

You should let everybody know who this dealer is so we can avoid them like the plague. They could have taken care of this in minutes if they wanted to by taking a fuse out of one of their in stock cars. It's probably too late now but does your state have one of those laws that you can cancel the sale within 3 days or so?
extech67 likes this.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:10 AM

We had a door handle break off our 2017 EX 4 months after purchase. The dealer took a door handle from the lot until the replacement (correct recall item) was shipped. They did this for our convenience and to also stop rain from entering the inside door assembly. Also, I ordered aftermarket rain deflectors for the windows........an eBay seller IN Korea, ($38.00 for all FOUR windows by the way, a killer price compared to WeatherTec @ over $125.00 and they market a dangerous (to the car) window rain deflector) ......... this seller was located in South Korea, their aftermarket product even said NIRO on the side, perfect fit and get this,,,,,,,,,,,FREE international expedited shipping which took only 6 days!!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 02:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your early onset problems. Seems like to me that your dealer could have done a much better job in addressing and alleviating your concerns. I find it hard to believe that they can't expedite the shipping, even if it is coming from Korea.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page