LCD Display Bug? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

LCD Display Bug?

Just took delivery of a 2018 PHEV (EX trim) for lease last week and love it! I believe I may have found a subtle bug (or perhaps by design on purpose) in the LCD window control logic.
When I switch from EV Electric Mode to HEV Hybrid Mode via the EV/HEV button to the left of the shifter, I notice that I can no longer get into the sub menus of the LCD window. The MODE button will work as expected, however, when I try to use the up/down button, it will NOT change the sub-modes i.e. if I was in TRIP mode, in Fuel Economy, I can not get to Trip A/B, Digital Speedometer, Driving style, Energy flow, and Engine Temp. Ditto for the other modes.
As soon as I switch back to EV mode, all of the sub-modes are selectable via the up/down switch as expected.

Has anyone seen this or knows why?

Also, for some reason, my vehicle came with a 2019 owners manual, even though my model is a late 2018. I did notice that page 4-56 appears to incorrectly reference the Type A and Type B LCD window control buttons, as I have the Type A instrument panel as referenced in the other parts of the manual, but don't have the Type A LCD window controls as depicted in the drawing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

oops - operator error

OK, I guess I was just getting old - discovered I was mistakenly toggeling the cruise control switch, not the LCD window control switch. No defect.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page