Error codes - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Question Error codes

Are these stored, even if the dash light goes out before service appointment? Will dealer provide list if requested? On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day had two lights come on and go off on their own. One continues this behavior as I wait for my service, tomorrow. Saw my local mechanic day after Christmas, whose device showed a general code P025, and some others, Kia-specific, as I understood him. Is the dealer required to note these, somehow, for the history/record? Iíve been satisfied so far, but donít want to make a mistake that costs me, down the road, for failure to document problems. In the meantime, everything operationally seems normal... Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:14 PM

I had the check engine light in our PHEV come on about a month ago. I made an appointment to take it to the dealer the next morning. On the way to the dealer (1.5 hr drive) the light went off and stayed off (and has ever since). I pulled the car into the service area and told the desk rep that the check engine light went off during the ride here. I asked him if the Niro's computer system stored the activated codes and he told me it doesn't. He said to bring the car back if it happens again. I purchased an OBD scanner so I'll be ready the next time the check engine light comes on.

2018 Niro EX PHEV- Aurora Black Pearl/Charcoal
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, hawke. Think I should get one, myself....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page