Inconsistent USB Connection - Android Auto - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Inconsistent USB Connection - Android Auto

Hi all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Android Auto. I use it every single day, almost every single drive. Works great! But lately, the connection has been dropping randomly. I'll have to unplug my phone and replug, or unplug the cord from the car. I've been through a few different cords, and I'm starting to think it's not the fault of the cord but rather that the USB connector is starting to get loose. Is there a quick hack to fix and/or better diagnose? Anyone else having this issue? It wouldn't happen to be part of the 3-year bells-and-whistles warranty, would it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprenesti View Post
Hi all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Android Auto. I use it every single day, almost every single drive. Works great! But lately, the connection has been dropping randomly. I'll have to unplug my phone and replug, or unplug the cord from the car. I've been through a few different cords, and I'm starting to think it's not the fault of the cord but rather that the USB connector is starting to get loose. Is there a quick hack to fix and/or better diagnose? Anyone else having this issue? It wouldn't happen to be part of the 3-year bells-and-whistles warranty, would it?
I've had this issue and if you're like me and toss the cable aside when done... dust/crap gets into the plug and it doesn't connect properly. Once cleaned out (I use those air duster cans) its fine.

Are the cords holding charge in the centre console USB? If so, then likely the USB and not the cords. I doubt those are covered by a warranty but could be wrong
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:44 PM

I'll second that by mentioning your phone port is easy to clog with dust.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page