Soft Female Voice - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Soft Female Voice

Tonight while driving our 2019 Niro on our way to dinner a "soft female voice" started to repeat two phrases at random times :

1. She would say "Attention keep a safe distance" both when we were moving and even when sitting still at a light. This phrase would repeat 5 or 6 times in a row at random times.

2. She would say "Warning vehicle drifting" This phrase would repeat 5 or 6 times in a row at random times only while driving at a constant speed on the freeway. .

The day was clear and bright, no rain or weather conditions at all and traffic was moving freely at all times.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so what is the fix to stop these annoying reminders?

Thanks for you help. Tom & Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hi Tom & Sheila, What is your model and tril level of your 2019 Niro ?

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafe005 View Post
Hi Tom & Sheila, What is your model and tril level of your 2019 Niro ?

It's a top of the line "without a sunroof" not sure what model white pearl in color.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Problem solved. I found the "little" voices were coming from my new YI Smart dash cam. It works great as a camera, however yesterday when I was down loading from it I found I turned on it's ADAS feature. Advanced drivers assistant system.

This feature talks to you and it's most irritating as it was too sensitive. Turn it off and all's well with the world again. Thanks for all your help guys...........
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandsheila431 View Post
Problem solved. I found the "little" voices were coming from my new YI Smart dash cam. It works great as a camera, however yesterday when I was down loading from it I found I turned on it's ADAS feature. Advanced drivers assistant system.

This feature talks to you and it's most irritating as it was too sensitive. Turn it off and all's well with the world again. Thanks for all your help guys...........
ahhh you see that was my second question!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.