Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Can’t change L1 charge rate.

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  TheSilverFlash 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I couldn’t find any forum posts on this so here we go....

I can’t seem to change my L1 charge rate. I set it to, “reduced” in the PHEV infotainment screen but the screen on the Niro’s EVSE still shows “H” indicating high power and my estimated charge time from flat is still 9 hours when it should be around 12 or so at the reduced rate. Anyone else having trouble with this?

#3 ·
Google is failing me but I think you can change the settings on the charge box as well. In any event I suspect you are correct that the box is just reporting what it is set to deliver and not what the car is receiving.

#10 ·
At L1 rates, I can't think of any reason it would be better for the battery. I think the lower settings are simply to support circuits that can't handle the 12 amp (high) setting.

Reactions: charlesH
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.