Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Owner's Portal, My Trips Recording

11K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  sightland 
#1 ·
I didn't see this topic so hope I am not doing a repeat.

My experience so far with the My Trips on the Owners Portal is that less than half of my driving gets recorded. It seems like the short trips of a few minutes are more likely to get recorded than trips of 30 minutes or more. Very few of the trips that are recorded show the route on the map. Is this typical for the application?

Also the trip tags seem to be limited to one word per tag with only letters and numbers. Is that correct or am I missing something?

#4 ·
Hmm, good question on the Nav. Here's how to find it assuming you have it.

Go to the Kia owner's portal webpage (myUvo). Hit the locations tab and then select My Trips. You should see something like this:

Attachments

#8 ·
I wasn't aware of that function, so I just checked mine. It seems to have them all there, but the actual route never displays on the map when I click a trip. Is it supposed to?

#16 ·
I made a short trip this morning. 10 miles out to a store and then back. The portal already shows both trips. I used the nav on the way home to monitor my distance remaining, to compare to my remaining EV range. What I did notice is that that portal says it was 9.94 miles out (the car trip meter showed about 10 1/2), and 9.32 miles back. I did stop at my daughter's house on the way home, so that adds another 0.7 miles to the trip (and the portal doesn't show that last short trip, but does show me going to their house and back last night). When I pulled back in the driveway the trip meter showed 21 miles total, and used 15 miles of EV range. Pleased with that. :). But the portal isn't quite accurate on distance traveled, at least compared to the car's odometer. And it still doesn't actually display the route traveled on the map.

#21 ·
My car has gps. It knows where it is. I can pull up a UVO page on my display and see where the closest gas or electrical charging locations are. Plus when I use the UVO webpage it is pulling the info from the car when requested, regardless of where I've parked it.

#23 ·
I noticed the app on my phone would show the start and end points of the trips on the map, but the web site never shows me anything on the map when I select the different trips.

#24 ·
i am the other 50% the UVO only works if it's connected via wire. everything else including phone/music all works via Bluetooth. i will have to check and that the "wifi" option mentioned since the usb port is occupied by usb stick with music library. on a side note, can i copy the music files to the local drive in Niro?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.