Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Pandora

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kprenesti 
#1 ·
Bought a new Niro Touring. Altho the manual says there is a Pandora app, it does not exist. Have tried the dealer, who says to use my phone to play Pandora. Problem, changing channels while driving. Does anyone else not have a Pandora app on their display? Or have any suggestions on how I should fix this annoyance?

#2 ·
I just checked in my EX. Pandora shows up in Apple Play. It started up ok, but did not play - then i recalled that i have data usage disabled for that app (wifi only). Do you have Pandora installed on your iPhone?

I really want Waze to work through AP, but that is a longshot as it is owned by Google and competes with Apple maps.

#3 ·
I have actually been in contact with Kia about this. The final version of the entertainment system for the Niro changed and there is no Pandora for Niro and there will not be any more apps on future (Kia, Hyundai) models. For us, Yelp is it. My daughter's 2017 Hyundai has Pandora, Soundhound and Yelp. I was told that the market has changed and Uvo and apps on the head unit no longer make sense in a world of Android Auto and Car Play. I pointed out the written materials that say there is Pandora and suggest other apps would come and I was told those materials will be revised.

#4 ·
Pandora works 2 ways, though Android Auto/Apple Car play or Bluetooth on the phone.

I had Toyota Entune before and preferred it much more than Android auto. I don't like how Android takes over the screen. But with all the other real buttons, it seems not that big of a deal.

#5 ·
That may be true re:pandora and Android Auto but in promotional materials written by Kia, they say that Pandora will run on the head unit as an app from the Uvo app store. But that isn't true anymore and that whole ecosystem will be going away. That is the context of my reply to the original question.

#8 ·
The UVO is more car/Kia specific, it can alert the dealer for scheduled maint. Also can dial 911 for emergency, without needing phone service. Also car locater can work without having GPS set it every time, like in an Android app. But yeah, it does seem clunky overall compared to Android apps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.