Features discovered. - Kia Niro Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

What have you discovered that was completely unexpected with the car?

I discovered that the HVAC turns the fan down when making a call.

Finally figured out what the little green light shaped like the car means, that the car is on and ready.

Seeing in the center display the light switch and wiper position is an unexpected neat feature.

Using sport mode without changing foot position is actually very noticeable.
Scrutch76, extech67 and Chis2k like this.

Last edited by JasonC; 07-07-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 12:37 AM

Oh I'd be lost without that green arrow. I often can't remember whether I've turned the car off or not. (Park and sit there for a minute, checking a message or something). WIthout the engine going and the key in position, it took me a minute to get used to the fact that the car was ON even though it didn't seem like it.

I've discovered the horn is a little hard to blow...difficult to just give a friendly tap with it. You have to really sort of lay on it to get any sound at all. Also discovered that my android auto is really hit and miss. Sometimes the voice command insists that there's no person by my husband's name in my phone. Other times it asks me "Which" (My husband's name). And there is only one, trust me. I think that may be a problem more wih my phone than my car, but it's still annoying. Discovered that when the free Sirius FM is almost up, the nice folks at Sirius call non stop and won't take no for an answer when they offer you all sorts of deals to continue the service.
Grrr...I never even signed up for it in the first place! (I must say though that I do enjoy it. When the News channels get me down, I flip to the comedy channels and back and forth to keep my spirit in the mid range. LOL

Good discoveries: It pops up a warning when one tire is low pressure...and shows you which one. THat's nice! Also, I fit a whole small dresser in the back with the seats down...that was a nice surprise...wasn't sure if I'd be able to. I bought a protector for the back seat that someone on this board recommended and that's working like a charm. (Also sort of a surprise). And the mileage STILL surprises me...that's the best thing about it all!
extech67 and Chis2k like this.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 08:22 AM

So many gadgets, lights, buttons to push, and displays that I can't even remember what is a surprise.

Get a new surprise (really an old one that I forgot about every time I get in it cause can't remember how it all works.

LOVE IT.
judyn likes this.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 11:14 AM

If you put the wipers on full or intermittent during daytime, the headlights will turn on automatically after about 30 seconds.
Chis2k likes this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Niro View Post
If you put the wipers on full or intermittent during daytime, the headlights will turn on automatically after about 30 seconds.
It's the law in Califoria
KK6PD likes this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myronbg View Post
It's the law in Califoria
It's "the law" in probably every state, but no other car I've had actually turns them on automatically when the wipers are on.
Chis2k likes this.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 07:58 AM

Luv the discoveries! Does anyone know what the vertical line of white dots are for on the right side of the instrument cluster....I never see mine move from the top dot?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:37 PM

Anyone know if you can get the digital speedometer to show on the same screen as the fuel economy breakdown?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Niro View Post
I can understand why a right side headlight would turn off if a right side turn indicator is on and flashing but headlights after wipers... don't see the connection.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I can understand why a right side headlight would turn off if a right side turn indicator is on and flashing but headlights after wipers... don't see the connection.
In rainy conditions, visibility is reduced. Thus headlights on is a safety feature to increase visibility in dangerous driving conditions. Required by many states, and all of Canada.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page