Remote hatch opening - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

That is the one feature that I did wish the car has. When I purchased the car the sales person said it would do it but then after I had bought it they realized it didn't. But if I could get the car to work. Just not sure if I want to be the first one to give this a try.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:07 PM

Garage
Any idea about how much the installation would cost?
I wish this had been on option, I would have opted for it.
Dovidan likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Garage
I want one!
Dovidan likes this.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 07:20 PM

I can one-up these posts. Leased a 2019 PHEV LX a week ago. Rad car, but on the third day the rear hatch just stopped working. Not with FOB, not with regular unlock buttons, just not at all. Only way to open it is with the emergency manual release from inside of the hatch (which is hard to get to, and impossible if there is anything actually in the cargo area). Hard to know what the problem is, would think it is the button on the outside of the hatch hat you have to press to raise it, but also there is no unlocking sound when I hold the hatch button on the FOB, so I don’t really have confidence in any part of the system. Also, bizarre that it worked for only a couple of days and then went caput. Thought that maybe I’d selected some setting by accident but can find none anywhere, and have read the full manual. Am I missing something or is this just a question for the dealership? Many thanks for any knowledge!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 PM

Not missing anything. This is either a button failure (the one that "opens" the hatch), or a solenoid failure (that actually releases the latch).

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:41 AM

Location: Seattle WA. No Niro yet but PHEV likely in my future
Remote hatch opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjirey View Post
There is an automatic power liftgate available in some markets. You can buy it on AliExpress.com for about $400. They Key fob button will activate it to open and close and there is also a button on the dash next to the lane assist.

Kit -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...AbTest=ae803_5

Video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXUD6YVFPhY
I've been spoiled by auto opening hatch on my last 3 cars.
When I get my Niro I definitely want one of these! The price is not a deterrent, however, not so sure I want to be a guinea pig for one from Aliexpress. Anyone have any experience with this specific product, or one like it. I'd even settle for a manual pop up hatch live my 2017 VW Golf has (has gas pistons & electric release but no motor to raise hatch; the gas pistons provide the energy to raise hatch. it has to be manually - by hand - closed ).

How reliable in general is Aliexpress & its products?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:01 AM

Actually this product is available from a US distributor. Natch it costs more than the one from China, but looks identical. I can't wait to see who is gonna be the 1st to order & install one of these and give their report
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidan View Post
Actually this product is available from a US distributor. Natch it costs more than the one from China, but looks identical. I can't wait to see who is gonna be the 1st to order & install one of these and give their report
Info on last post is NOT accurate! All were actually from China. The Aliexpress price is the best, all products look identical.
Here is a 30 minute video of an install on a Toyota Highlander. ē https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...alled.1404009/

I can't wait to see who is gonna be the 1st to install one of these and give us their report

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page