Hatch unlatch with key Fob? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Hatch unlatch with key Fob?

I swear I've been able to get this to work. For example: my passenger needs to unlatch the rear hatch from outside while I'm in the driver's seat. It seems I've gotten this to work if I'm in park with the car on of course...but it's hit or miss. It has definitely worked a few times with the Press and Hold of the middle button (that shows the hatch open icon) but not often enough to make me think it's an actual feature. I'm not even sure why it has "accidentally" worked. It would sure be nice if it did since it's a complete oversight that KIA has not included this useful option if that's the official case. My slightly dumber '15 Ford C-Max did this on the key fob or a button on the dash panel. It's an annoyance to have to hand the FOB to a person outside that needs to open the hatch.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:32 AM

Garage
The Hatch button on the FOB don't work on our Niros either.....................

2018 SWP Optima S
2018 Cerulean Blue Niro EX
2018 Cerulean Blue Niro LX w/Tech Package
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 10:33 AM

My understanding is that the hatch button will only unlock the hatch, it does not pop it open. Really only useful when you just want the hatch open and keep the doors locked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Yes I know it won't pop the hatch open...wouldn't want that since it doesn't use motorized hatch struts. I'm refering to just having it unlock the hatch from the drivers position while seated there. I'm trying to rediscover what I did to get it to work the 3 or so times it did.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:16 PM

Press unlock twice.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
Yes I know it won't pop the hatch open...wouldn't want that since it doesn't use motorized hatch struts. I'm refering to just having it unlock the hatch from the drivers position while seated there. I'm trying to rediscover what I did to get it to work the 3 or so times it did.
You sure you didn't just unlock all the doors? In most cars the hatch unlocks when you unlock all the doors, either through the fob or the button on the driver's door.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mystery solved...my dear wife, not knowing about how to work the "soft switch" at the bottom of the hatch wasn't pressing it properly. Indeed unlocking all doors does the hatch as well. Her 2004 Subi Forester is pretty much a farm class vehicle and very old tech...has a big old latch on the hatch. THX for the tips forum folks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page