Kia Navigation traffic data from Sirius XM - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Kia Navigation traffic data from Sirius XM

Just wanted to see if anyone has the Navigation but doesn’t show real time traffic data? My Niro had it at first, but then lost it. I am still within the three month trial period for Sirius XM radio, and I was able to verify with Sirius customer support that my radio is working and can get station data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 AM

I don't think that Sirius XM has anything to do with navigation. I know it's a slog to go to the manual but there probablyis a setting to show traffic or not.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Garage
Sirius XM has everything to do with the traffic data!! I used the traffic info here in Los Angeles and it works quite well! When my trial ended I called Sirius XM up and found out that I could get the traffic data only for $65 a year, and I did not need the music etc side of things! It really works quite well for me, and I would recommend that others try it if local traffic data is available for your area!!

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Turns out you need to pay for the real-time traffic data as it is not included in the free Sirius XM three month trial. I called Sirius again and found this out. They did offer a special trial of $6.99 for the first three months.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK6PD View Post
Sirius XM has everything to do with the traffic data!! I used the traffic info here in Los Angeles and it works quite well! When my trial ended I called Sirius XM up and found out that I could get the traffic data only for $65 a year, and I did not need the music etc side of things! It really works quite well for me, and I would recommend that others try it if local traffic data is available for your area!!
Will it actually re-route you around traffic delays the way Waze does? Or does it wait for the user to prompt it for an alternate route? I'm thinking that since the car is also supposed to use the nav system's topographical data for coasting/charging planning, $65 a year might be worth it to use the built-in nav.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM

Garage
I reroute myself around traffic, the nav system is quite good, and unlike waze, I won't route myself into small neighborhoods and other places that become more of a backup than the original traffic problem!
I tend to think ahead, and rarely get too delayed!

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:06 AM

Unhappy Problem to activate siriusXM traffic on my Niro infosystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzzell View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone has the Navigation but doesn’t show real time traffic data? My Niro had it at first, but then lost it. I am still within the three month trial period for Sirius XM radio, and I was able to verify with Sirius customer support that my radio is working and can get station data.
Hi Ruzzell,

Did you find a solution for you question? I live in Canada and Yesterday I bought the siriusXM Live Trafffic, but I can see nothing new on my GPS screen. After few hours with SiriusXM agents, they told me that I need to activate the "traffic mode" on my system. Do you anything about this?

Thanks,
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giannineves View Post
Hi Ruzzell,

Did you find a solution for you question? I live in Canada and Yesterday I bought the siriusXM Live Trafffic, but I can see nothing new on my GPS screen. After few hours with SiriusXM agents, they told me that I need to activate the "traffic mode" on my system. Do you anything about this?

Thanks,
You need to go into the GPS settings, and you will find the live traffic option. please refer to your technology user manual since i do not have any pictures to show you.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafe005 View Post
You need to go into the GPS settings, and you will find the live traffic option. please refer to your technology user manual since i do not have any pictures to show you.
The problem is there. Yesterday, I tried do find this settings for many hours and nothing. I have no TRAFFIC on my GPS settings and in any other menu. For this reason, I post this question here.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:35 PM

I don't have a sirius subscription and show traffic on my map. Every once in a while a notice pops up that I need to subscribe, but I just close it out and use the regular navigation. I happen to have the manual open on my computer. On the Menu, choose Navigation settings. Then Traffic/Guadance. There is a choice for auto select, HD traffic, and SXM traffic. The HD traffic should work in metro areas (that's where I am). If you're in a smaller area, you might need to subscribe to SMX to get it. Or use Andriod Auto/Apple Car Play to access your phones map system.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page