What is Mood Lighting? - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnxyz View Post
This is a guess not a definitive answer.
On our 2019 PHEV Niro in the evening when the lights are turned on in the Niro our gauges and instrument panel lighting has a red tint.
Could this possibly be what they are referring to?

5 stars to Roadkill401 on the Barry White reference from someone who is old enough to know who he is referring to.
@Johnxyz , would it be possible to get a picture of that.! i have the same model and probably that i never realized that i have it too! And for the Barry Thing, .!! "♫ ohh darling i, can't get enough...♪ "

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafe005 View Post
@Johnxyz , would it be possible to get a picture of that.! i have the same model and probably that i never realized that i have it too! And for the Barry Thing, .!! "♫ ohh darling i, can't get enough...♪ "
lafe005 here is a picture of my backlighting in the 20019 Niro PHEV in the attached file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Niro  backlighting.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	5089  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:55 AM

I know what it is and how it is used, but the Niro HEV/PHEV doesn't have it. There are many errors in the manual from boilerplate language that doesn't apply to our model to features that they may have been considered in some markets, or that may actually be available in some markets.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:33 AM

This is from the website features list and was also listed on the window sticker. Not in the manual at all from what I could find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
I know what it is and how it is used, but the Niro HEV/PHEV doesn't have it. There are many errors in the manual from boilerplate language that doesn't apply to our model to features that they may have been considered in some markets, or that may actually be available in some markets.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Is mood lighting dependent on age?

Could audio and gauge back lighting be considered mood lighting for a guy with a couple of kids, wife and a start on male pattern baldness who is taking the family out to eat at White Castle?

Just kidding. And not poking fun at anyone but myself- I meet all of the above criteria.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:01 PM

2019 niro here and there is nothing such as mood lighting...just standard backlight on the console for me but maybe Johnxyz is right and they consider this as moodlight... I did not put barry white on though (I'm more of a mike oldfield moodlight shadow person )
I suspect it is a leftover from an old cut&paste from another model's documentation.

In doubt... better to many lines than too few

Last edited by nounounounou; 06-25-2019 at 09:06 PM.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:56 PM

Asked Kia on Facebook. It's literally just the red glow on the buttons/switches/ports when the headlights are on. Would be cooler if the screens also had a red theme, otherwise it's just the color that the buttons are vs mood lighting.
Nouseformonkeys likes this.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessock View Post
Asked Kia on Facebook. It's literally just the red glow on the buttons/switches/ports when the headlights are on. Would be cooler if the screens also had a red theme, otherwise it's just the color that the buttons are vs mood lighting.
Wow. Talk about overselling a standard feature. All cars have lit controls when itís dark.

Thanks for investigating.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessock View Post
Yeah, that's just standard control backlighting. Sheesh!

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:23 PM

If lighting is to be mood lighting it requires a change of color. Accent lights do not require a change of color. Backlights for buttons are not mood lighting. I think the FB poster is just wrong. Just like the manual often is.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page