3Likes
  • 1 Post By yticolev
  • 1 Post By deltasmith
  • 1 Post By Roadkill401

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Question air conditioning

Hello,

does anybody know how to keep the air cycling bottom always on and not close every time I close the air conditioning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 AM

If you are talking about the recirculation button, no. It will even time out on the same drive. Korean cars seem to have a thing about fresh outside air and you will see several references to their health benefits in the manual. Kind of cultural thing I assume. At the same time, they filter outside air and want frequent filter changes. I'm actually tempted to remove the filter and see if there is better airflow through the vents without fan assist.
Dovidan likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:44 PM

I think it might be more than a cultural thing that causes the car to prefer fresh air over more than a temporary period of recirculation. The car seems to be more air-tight than a lot of other cars I've owned in the past. When recirc is on for an extended period, you are likely to experience that the interior glass fogs up more easily, and the interior glass becomes dirty more quickly. Perhaps more importantly though: if you don't have fresh air trickling in from somewhere, conceivably, the interior air could become stale to the point where your health is affected, you become less alert, etc. Recirc is great when you want to more quickly heat or cool the car, or when you are traveling through a polluted area and don't want to introduce polluted exterior air into the car, but I think it's probably a mistake to try to use the recirculation feature all of the time.
Dovidan likes this.

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue

Last edited by deltasmith; 03-13-2019 at 11:51 PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

It has to do with the automatic defog system. Or at least mine does. If you watch the system, it will change from Auto (or one of the forced directed selections) to defog every so often. when that occers, the re-circulate option clicks off. You can't have re-curclute with defrost (defog)
Dovidan likes this.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:24 PM

The auto defog can be disabled. This setting stays "sticky". Recirc still times out.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page