Ventilated seats - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Ventilated seats

I can just barely feel the difference, even on high. Works much better in my friends Nautilus. I haven’t tried the passenger seat because I am always driving but wife says it “works”. Comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookrd1 View Post
I can just barely feel the difference, even on high. Works much better in my friends Nautilus. I haven’t tried the passenger seat because I am always driving but wife says it “works”. Comments?
I find the ventilated seats pretty effective, but then, this is the first car I'e had with the feature so I don't have any basis for comparison. I'll note that the effect is more "gentle cooling" than "strong breeze blowing on my back". :

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:39 AM

Passenger in a Ford PHEV on a very hot day a couple weeks ago. I could not tell the difference between seat cooling off and on, and the trip took an hour and was very uncomfortable the entire time on leather seats.

In my own car, I use a spring wire type seat cover (available most auto parts stores), that while uncomfortable, really helps out on hot days allowing your back to breathe.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
One thing to note is that the seat ventilation apparently draws its air from the HVAC duct that feeds the rear seats through the console. If you have the Driver Only button on, there's no cooled air passing through there, and the seats absolutely are not cooled as well. I notice a big difference if Driver Only is engaged.
TheSilverFlash likes this.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 03:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
One thing to note is that the seat ventilation apparently draws its air from the HVAC duct that feeds the rear seats through the console. If you have the Driver Only button on, there's no cooled air passing through there, and the seats absolutely are not cooled as well. I notice a big difference if Driver Only is engaged.
Oh, that's interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind as I do use Driver Only sometimes.

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:59 PM

This is my first car with ventilated seats and I can say that they work. I often start at max, but then I lower it to 2 or 1 and eventually off.

It depends on your shirt of course. But any light T-shirts worked for me. I did feel it way more when wearing a shirt that breathes very well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Do the Niro seats draw air away from the body or blow air onto the body?

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:18 PM

As you are covering most ventilation holes while seated, it is more of a blow by situation. As the holes are tiny, kind of understandable that it doesn’t work well. Of course, I’ve only had the one hour miserable experience.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for posting this. I had noticed that sometimes my vented seats don't cool as well as other times. I frequently switch driver only on and off depending on my comfort level and to save EV range. That must be why my vented seat performance seems to vary.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yeah, it's a noticeable difference to me. Since I usually am not pushing my EV range to the limits, I just leave the Driver Only turned off.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page