UVO eServices app - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Question UVO eServices app

Has anyone bothered to download this app to their iPhone or Android phone? It is not clear whether there is really any benefit or additional information that might be of use/interest. The dealer was rather ho-hum about the app. I have a big enough digital footprint as it is, and don't want Kia or UVO or ??? watching me or my car unnecessarily.
Thx, mastman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:32 AM

I just got my Niro last week and downloaded the app. I've played around with it and it's pretty cool. There's a feature that allows you to find your car if you forgot where you parked it. It keeps track of your maintenance and any issues that might be going on with the car.

I would recommend getting it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 10:01 AM

If you have kids you can also set Geo-boundries to keep track of the car location and when it leaves certain areas. It also has the roadside assistance part of the app. The car location part is cool too.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 03:51 PM

I downloaded from day one, have not found a use for it, especially with apple car play. I think if you get into an accident and your phone is connected via bluetooth it can alert emergency services or something like that, but I'm not sure if you need the app for that to workout.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 05:38 PM

I got to this forum today because I'm trying to figure out how to add a maintenance log. It still says I've never had an oil change. I'm still looking for that answer, but since I'm here ...

I never bother with the Uvo app except to download the monthly health report. I tried to use the Parking Minder when I first got it, but it's too manual, so I never remember it. Uvo cannot be used at the same time as Android Auto, so if you're using Google Maps or anything, might as well use that to mark your location.

The dealer appointment feature is also a waste. It just initiates a call-back from the dealer. I can schedule an actual appointment by going online. (A data connection is required to use Uvo anyway.)

I did find today what looks like it might be a cool feature, but I have no idea how to use it or what it really does. Under Additional Info for the parking minder, it says meter time, alarm time, and space for two photos and notes. Sounds like those might be handy things to use, but there's no info on them that I have found. The MyCarZone might be cool if anyone else drove my car.

Maybe it's better if you have the nav system?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 06:04 PM

Garage
It's mildly useful. I haven't used it that much as I just got my Niro PHEV last week, but the "find my car" feature may be useful. I like the ability to check the charge status remotely. The "lock/unlock" feature may be handy if I'm by my car without my key (fob) and just need to quickly get into it for something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 10:14 PM

I've had it installed and running for a couple of months now...it's a big yawn. Perhaps KIA will figure out something useful for it in the future but for me, a regular HEV Niro owner it doesn't offer much at all. Heck if they even let us now the running lifetime MPG of our cars I'd be a fan. They could probly do this but as much as I like the vehicle I feel KIA is behind the curve on this and other things.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 10:38 PM

Garage
I believe you can:
1. Remotely start/warm up your car.
2. Unlock your car with your phone.
3. And the craziest one of all it the augmented reality owner's manual. Pretty freaky. Check out videos on youtube.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM

None of that is available for the UVO app on my HEV. However, I understand there is an app for the PHEV, perhaps it has additional features for the HEV. Mine has a parking minder and maintenance/problem info. Both stopped at 1,600 miles for some reason but I haven't cared enough to find out why. Perhaps the most useful feature is roadside assistance, which is also available on the car screen if still functional at time of call.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 PM

The UVO app for the PHEV is called "UVO eco". The main screens show the climate, security, and charging controls. There is also a sidebar screen with the zone alerts, maintenance, and roadside assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	3905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3405.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	3907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.jpg
Views:	92