Reset UVO activation? - Kia Niro Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 299
Garage
Reset UVO activation?

So it looks like I borked UVO integration on my Niro PHEV. The car says that the service is activated but on myuvo it shows as not activated. I tried a factory reset on the infotainment system but that just deleted all of my radio presets and bluetooth pairings.

Has anyone had to reset the UVO integration on their cars yet?

Jim
Southern Maryland
jmurphEV is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,729
Try deleting the phone app, (or at least forcing it closed) and reinstall (or reopen).

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
yticolev is online now  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
KK6PD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Foothills of Los Angeles
Posts: 173
Garage
So far the UVO has been nothing but worthless...... Every time I shut the car off I get the message that the app failed to work.... junk, good thing the purchase of the car did not depend on the app working!

73's de Pat KK6PD


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KK6PD is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 299
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
Try deleting the phone app, (or at least forcing it closed) and reinstall (or reopen).
Turns out your solution was really close. I tired re-installing the app, clearing cache and data, no luck. Then I went back to the Google Play Store and searched for UVO again. Turns out there are 2 UVO apps. The regular eServices app and the UVO eco app. Despite the owner's manual pointing you towards the eServices app you really want the eco version.

Once I installed the eco app I was able to sync to the car and all of the remote functions seem to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK6PD View Post
So far the UVO has been nothing but worthless...... Every time I shut the car off I get the message that the app failed to work.... junk, good thing the purchase of the car did not depend on the app working!
it is definitely a pain to set up with a whole lot of unnecessary steps. Now that i have the eco version of the app it seems to be working pretty well. The response to commands can be a bit slow at times though.

Jim
Southern Maryland
jmurphEV is online now  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,729
I'm not sure which app I have myself. I don't remember two options when I first downloaded it. When I first got it, I got a lot of alerts in the car about failing to connect, or parking spot location saved. Haven't seen those recently and opening my phone UVO app, I see it hasn't synched for a couple thousand miles. Mind you as a hybrid owner, I don't see a lot of utility to it. It can call roadside service I suppose, which saves me a tiny bit of effort in storing the number in my phone book.

Glad you got it fixed!

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
yticolev is online now  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 299
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
I'm not sure which app I have myself. I don't remember two options when I first downloaded it. When I first got it, I got a lot of alerts in the car about failing to connect, or parking spot location saved. Haven't seen those recently and opening my phone UVO app, I see it hasn't synched for a couple thousand miles. Mind you as a hybrid owner, I don't see a lot of utility to it. It can call roadside service I suppose, which saves me a tiny bit of effort in storing the number in my phone book.

Glad you got it fixed!
Oh I agree the whole thing has limited usefulness, it just annoyed me that it wasn't working. That may say more about me than anything else.

If you care to look, at least on Android, the eco app has green icon with a leaf on it.

Jim
Southern Maryland
jmurphEV is online now  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 39
The UVO eco app hangs up constantly and won't log me in. It will work once ,then I have to throw the app away and re-download to my iphone in order to use it again.
egmacrae is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kenly North Carolina
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphEV View Post
Turns out your solution was really close. I tired re-installing the app, clearing cache and data, no luck. Then I went back to the Google Play Store and searched for UVO again. Turns out there are 2 UVO apps. The regular eServices app and the UVO eco app. Despite the owner's manual pointing you towards the eServices app you really want the eco version.

Once I installed the eco app I was able to sync to the car and all of the remote functions seem to be working.



it is definitely a pain to set up with a whole lot of unnecessary steps. Now that i have the eco version of the app it seems to be working pretty well. The response to commands can be a bit slow at times though.
It was the opposite for my two Neros. I D/L the Green ECO App first and I could not connect to either Car using two different phones. I then uninstalled the Green App, D/L the Red e-services and I easily connected to both Neros so who knows what's going on. This is the same App I used to connect to my Optima.................

2018 SWP Optima S
2018 Cerulean Blue Niro EX
2018 Cerulean Blue Niro LX w/Tech Package
Chief_10Beers is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 299
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_10Beers View Post
It was the opposite for my two Neros. I D/L the Green ECO App first and I could not connect to either Car using two different phones. I then uninstalled the Green App, D/L the Red e-services and I easily connected to both Neros so who knows what's going on. This is the same App I used to connect to my Optima.................
Are your Niros PHEV or regular hybrid? I think that's the difference. For my PHEV Niro the eco app did the trick. The regular UVO app seems to be appropriate for the non-PHEV models.

Jim
Southern Maryland
jmurphEV is online now  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 39
I just wish you didn't have to log in every time you use it.
egmacrae is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Kia Niro Trip and Average MPG Displays TeleRisk18 2018+ Kia Niro EV General Discussion 11 03-05-2018 12:23 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome