Mood lighting - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mood lighting

The spec sheet claims that the EX and touring models have mood lighting .. a red dot that casts a glow in the cabin. I picked up an EX with premium package today and donít see any kind of mood light. Does anyone know if it exists? So far loving it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plohnes View Post
The spec sheet claims that the EX and touring models have mood lighting .. a red dot that casts a glow in the cabin. I picked up an EX with premium package today and donít see any kind of mood light. Does anyone know if it exists? So far loving it!
Try as I might I don't see anything about this in the manuals. Where do you see that info? I had a feature like that on my Ford C-Max and really liked having it.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 PM

Aha I see it on the Kia website now. Shows it on all 2017/2018 models as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

I came from a Cmax too. Miss the ambient multicolor lighting, but loving the increase in mileage. How did you like your Cmax?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:42 AM

The C-Max was a good car but obviously getting long of tooth and not supported and dropped by Ford...along with most of their fleet. What's up with that company? I'm getting better mileage by 3-4 mpg over the 42.5 I averaged over the 3 years I leased the C-Max...but I'm only on my 2nd tankfull. Most evrything about the Niro is better, but along with the Mood lighting it had I also miss the foot swipe under the rear lift gate thing, and the motorized hatch. However I'm easily adapting to the very light Niro Hatch.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 AM

Well I spent a good deal of time and several trips out to the Niro in my garage tonight to see if I could stumble across the magic setting to turn on the "Mood lighting". I came up with nada. I even poked around the Evo app and that worthless option didn't produce anything either. Do we think that Kia just didn't install the function that is in both the 2017 and 2018 spec list on the website?....and it's a big old typo? From poking around the main Kia site and Googling it does seem it's been on other Kia/Hyundai models. Now I'm becoming obsessed with this :}}=

I call on the other forum members to please help us if you know the trick to do this. It's awfully dark in our footwells at night. It may be just us former C-Max drivers that long for this but I imagine it's an option on other cars besides Kia/Hyundai/Ford, and if you've experienced it you may understand why it's a good option.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 10:22 AM

I seldom look at my feet even in daylight!

But it does sound cool. Not even going to look for it though in my lowly LX.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

I had a friend with an optima. The mood lighting sounded like what he had .. a tiny red LED up by the sunroof controls that lit the cabin. IMHO it was way too bright and distracting in the cabin. Having said that would have been nice in the foot wells.
Thanks for checking!