Question about Climate Control - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question about Climate Control

I think this is the most appropriate forum for this question...

Most of the time I'm driving the Niro alone, but at times my wife is with me (like on weekneds or evenings). She tends like cold AC blowing hard on her, I HATE that.

I try to get her to set the temp via climate control. Dual temps is easy with the way things are set up, but she wants to turn the fan up high too and it always turns ALL (including my) fans up as well.

Is there a way to turn up fans higher on one side only, not just change temp?

Edit: I don't think it matters as I think they are all the same, but 2018 Niro EX PHEV, if it makes a difference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 AM

No, you can have different temperature settings, but I don't think you can set different fan speeds. Best you can do is set her side to "low" and redirect or close your vents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
No, you can have different temperature settings, but I don't think you can set different fan speeds. Best you can do is set her side to "low" and redirect or close your vents.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. It's a constant battle between us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 PM

The vent controls are quite good (and one of the nicer feeling controls in the car). You should be able to set fan speed to her preference, and close your vents to reduce air flow to your preference.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtermite View Post
Thanks. I was afraid of that. It's a constant battle between us.

Of course, the correct answer is...Happy wife, happy life.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page