Service interval? Annoying message. - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Service interval? Annoying message.

OK...so this one happened yesterday and it confused (and annoyed) me a little.

I'm driving home last night and this message popped up on my Infotainment screen.

I thought, why is that coming up? I just got the car. I watched as the salesman set the service interval to 7500 miles.

But the most annoying part is that once it pops up, it doesn't go away until you deal with it. Using Navigation? Too bad. Using anything else on screen? Too bad. DEAL WITH THIS MESSAGE - I don't care if you are driving.

I checked when I stopped to see if the service interval was 7500 miles. Yup...that's what it's set to and from the picture, you can see that I only have a little over 1000 miles on the odo.

Any idea on why this message is appearing?

Why should I be getting a change oil message so soon?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kia_serviceinterval.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	3935   Click image for larger version

Name:	kia_oilchangealert.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	3937  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM

Perhaps it's been 6 months already... Who knows how long it's been sitting at the dealership
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:07 PM

my dealer told me my service interval is 3500 miles because I live in Eastern PA. Primarily due to road salt. I can see that being the case during the winter but not all year round. It also gets hot during the summer, but how many 90 degree days are there during the summer to warrant a sever driving rating?

I know the dealer wants the extra service monies, but I get free oil changes for life. Of course there are other fluids and items that get accelerated on the severe driving list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:15 AM

You can manually set those reminders to anything you want, including no reminders.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryni2q View Post
my dealer told me my service interval is 3500 miles because I live in Eastern PA. Primarily due to road salt. I can see that being the case during the winter but not all year round. It also gets hot during the summer, but how many 90 degree days are there during the summer to warrant a sever driving rating?

I know the dealer wants the extra service monies, but I get free oil changes for life. Of course there are other fluids and items that get accelerated on the severe driving list.

VERY Norther NY here (like almost in Quebec Canada lol) our dealer suggested every 5,000 miles due to very cold winters and very hot summers,,,,,,,,,, sounds reasonable to me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page