How to figure out the new stereo - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

How to figure out the new stereo

The unit comes with a single USB port on the front dash. OK. But from what I am told you need to have your phone plugged into that port in order to get Andriod Auto (or Apple Car?). With only a single plug, then you can't really plug in an iPod, or any USB media drive. I gather that is the limitation of this system or that Andriod Auto cannot work over BlueTooth.

With Andriod Auto on, when I press the voice button on the stearing wheel it tells me that I have to click on the icon when it is safe and then I can issue commands. But that just seems to be a loop in you press the 4 pulsing dots on the screen and then it goes back to the default screen in Andriod Auto, and I can't ask for anything. Does anyone know of a good youtube video on how to use AA with this car?

I gather for music, you just put everything on your phone and then play from that? I am coming from a Ford Edge that had quite the extensive media player software on the Sync system, had dual USB plus an SD card for GPS. I have to figure out how this one works best to give me at least some music escape when I am driving.

I have already given into the fact that I will need to have both my QuickCharge USB 12v plug for when I am running low on battery and need to give my phone a quicker boost beyond the slow dribble that other Andriod Auto port does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I have gotten a bit further into Andriod Auto. It seems that I am supposed to login and setup and account with my phone prior to plugging it in. Now I can get the GoogleMaps and Waze to work. Where I am lost is with playing music when set to Andriod Auto.

I can connect via bluetooth and it will allow me to play music that is stored on my phone. Sometimes it gets lost. I don't know why. But most times it allows me to play music. What I don't know however is that it is very bad with selecting music to play. I will admit that I was really spoiled with the system on my older Ford Edge. it was a microsoft sync product but it did know how to have an index of music and how to play eather a particuar band, album, song or randomize everything. I would like to get that through Andriod Auto. I can put in a 128gb SD card into my phone with all the music that I like and would liek to be able to play it easily.

Right now it's asking for what all I would like to use. I have no idea what to choose. Anyone have any good sugestion on whare to start looking?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page