Adding subwoofer - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:37 PM

@jaxterra , I'm getting ready to install an amp sub as well in my 2017 Kia Niro EX without the HK system. Where did you put the ground for the Amp? Are you getting the audio signal from the stock sub signal if not then how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I put the ground to the rear seat bracket. Yep my signal comes from the stock sub.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:06 AM

Yeah it does look like it takes up a lot of space in the trunk.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxterra View Post
Finished pics. Tiny amp that kicks.
have you measured the bass extension you achieved?

2018 Niro PHEV LX Silver/charcoal
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:14 PM

Which side of the hybrid battery did you tie in for the power wire? Driver or passenger side?

I’m working on installing an amp and 10” under seat sub and right now, the power connection is what I’m trying to decide on how to do it.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
Which side of the hybrid battery did you tie in for the power wire? Driver or passenger side?

I’m working on installing an amp and 10” under seat sub and right now, the power connection is what I’m trying to decide on how to do it.
I did drivers side underneath the little black cover. Everything is working fine for the last 4 months. pic 8 of 10 of my pics on first page. pic 10 of 10 shows amp wire connected.

Last edited by jaxterra; 03-29-2019 at 08:49 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:36 AM

I did the same thing as jaxterra, though I did not use the rear seat brackets as my ground, I used a pre existing hole and used a 1/2 inch steel thread cutting bolt from Ace hardware that was right next to the seating bracket. I tapped into the rear speakers for each side to get stereo. You have to remove the front side trim, center trim, and rear trim by removing the molding first. My wiring was as follows, rear passenger was Brown-Positive, White Negative. Driver side passenger was Yellow- Positive, Black- Negative. Do take note the wiring is twisted together in the harness. They are the wires on the second row from the top so you can use a voltmeter to check for impedance of close to 4 ohms. Just make sure you make contact in th harness as I really had to position my tester leads just right to make a connection in the harness, I removed the door panels to make sure I had correct polarity and color wires. There are 2 screws that hold the door in place as well as clips. Behind the door handle and inside the arm rest. Reason I did rears was because I have the fader positioning 3 ticks down the center as I feel the tweeters are pretty loud ear piercing and I have a much more balanced sound running tone controls as follows: Bass-3, Mid-3, Treble-1.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesH View Post
have you measured the bass extension you achieved?
I don't get that deep into it but it can be really loud. I just adjust everything to the music I like and the loudest I'll rock it and set everything to my liking.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page