Adding a subwoofer, in a very different way - Page 7 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxterra View Post
Nice job my man. Not many fans on here because its an energy saving crowd but I'm with you. I've had a sub since I was 15 and I'm 44 now.
We both have been in car audio for a very similar amount of time!

I got into it when I was 14 when my older brother got his first car and I’m 43 now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Read this article and it tells you exactly how to measure output power with an AC volt meter. All of my tests were at 40 hz.

http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answe...r-output-power

What this does not tell you is the distortion level. I do know from a YouTube video that a guy made where he tested the amp I have on an amplifier dyno is the amp is capable of roughly 600 watts continuous at less than 1% THD.

So, by setting the gain so the amp is putting out about 500 watts then I know the amp is not clipping. My maximum volume on the stock radio is 34. This is approximately 75% of max volume which typically is the highest you want to turn the volume up. It is more or less an industry setting if you have no means of putting an O scope on the speaker level outputs on the stock radio.

I’m not an electrical engineer but I have been around the block a few times.
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
We both have been in car audio for a very similar amount of time!

I got into it when I was 14 when my older brother got his first car and Iím 43 now!
Yes sir I was building boxes and putting in radios and amps for everyone in the neighborhood at about 14-15ish. Just buy me the supplies and I did it for free because I've always loved doing that stuff. Now I can buy a single sub box ready for mount for like $30. lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page