Kia Pickup Truck Previewed - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:14 AM

I did look at trucks before deciding on the Niro. The deciding factor...dealer didn't want to give me enough money for my Kia Sedona so it became my work truck. I can fit 2 x 10 and close the hatch. It became my work vehicle when I have projects or need to move items. At one time I put a double rocker recliner in it and still could close the back. I'm not sure what is the point of having a truck with a short bed unless you are not really using it for work. There's alot of competition in the truck segment and I believe it would would be difficult for them to compete unless they really bring something innovative and that is cost effective to run and the price is considerably cheaper than Ford, RAM, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, or Nissan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:31 PM

When you really get down to it, most people that own a truck or a “truck” really don’t use the bed very often at all. The construction trades being one of a few exceptions. My wife has a 2017 crew cab short bed Ram 1500 and rarely do we use the bed. We use the Ram boxes on the side of the bed at least twice a week though.

When you don’t have a truck, you make do with what you do have. My wife used to tell me that her old Honda Civic was the best SUV she has ever owned, because she used it like it was an SUV. Be it bricks for flower garden trim or 10 bags of mulch/soil. You make do with what you have.

So in that respect, it makes sense why auto manufacturers are getting away from 8’ beds. People would rather have a truck that rides like a car, drives like an SUV, and has 29 cup holders instead of a truck that can work, and have longevity while doing so. It’s just the way our society is changing.

Give me a small, regular cab or extended cab truck with a diesel engine in it and an 8’ bed and I’d be happy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page