Posting a Photo? AND getting notification - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By basicbill

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Posting a Photo? AND getting notification

I have 2 questions:

1. How do you post a photo? I've tried a couple of methods, but they always ask for an HTML for the photo...how do I just upload one from my phone or from my computer?

also

2. I'm never sure how to check to see if my posts have been answered or commented on. Is there an easy way to do that? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 05:56 PM

I find the easiest way to attach a pic to a post is just to click and drag it.
There's a grey rectangle right below the reply box (where I'm typing this) that's labelled 'drag and drop upload'. Just minimize this browser screen, find your pic file, click and drag it onto the browser icon on the task bar and hold it there.... but don't let go of the button yet. The browser will pop open, then you can drag the pic file onto that drag 'n drop location.

How to check if anyone has answered .... on the right side of the screen is a column called recent discussions (pic attached) the little red flag lists the number of comments in the thread ... you can see that your's has a 1 (that's me)

Hope this helps.
Jay likes this.

Last edited by basicbill; 04-29-2017 at 05:58 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 06:00 PM

This column appears to the right side of the screen .... the red flag shows how many replies there have been.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	help.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1138  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 09:54 AM

Just a comment --

I am on a motorcycle web site (EastTNBikers) that shows responses to posts you have made (a link to your post and those responses) and all new posts (a link to new posts) on the home page. That really makes it easy to check responses or any new posts as the links show up on the home page.

Everybody does it differently, but that is the best I have seen for tracking your posts and seeing any new ones.

As far as Photos - this one works if on your computer (as the previous reply states, just find the file in your computer and drag it).

There might be a problem with minimum size. I downsize all the pictures in my computer with FOTOSIZER - Free software download.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Garage
To upload images directly from your computer you can use the Drag and Drop as mentioned, or you can use the paperclip icon (Attachment manager) to upload straight from your PC.

For your threads, you can subscribe to your own threads (Thread Tools > Subscribe to thread) or change your default subscription setting to Instant / Daily / Weekly which will automatically subscribe you to any thread you post or reply in.

You can also bring up a list of all your threads/posts by going to Tools in the NavBar (Find my threads/posts)

- JB
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Garage
Glad to help. Let us know if you have any other issues.

- Jb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page