Niro vs. Prius - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 01:50 PM

Not sure what model and trim you have, but I know on my 2017 HEV EX w tech package, the only instant mpg I’ve found is the bat, not a number.

Never tried the regular cruise control thing. I pulled out my manual though and although it does have a note which says “the system remembers the last selected mode”, that seems to be under the section about the fast/normal/slow responsiveness,
not the smart/regular setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 01:12 AM

Just took delivery of my 2018 Niro Premium and have a 2014 Prius 5 getting ready to be sold. So far I'm quite happy with my decision to switch although I have to say i really liked the Prius. So far the main difference is the amount of trunk space available in as I transferred my tools (sometime handyman) I quickly ran out of room in the back and inside as well. The Prius had many more cubby holes and besides the dual glove box the lower tray under the shifter assembly. As for build quality, it's a bit early to tell but the driving experience is better as is the switch from the NON slippery Toyota "pleather" to real leather is almost worth the switch.
My main reason for the switch is to get the EV range, the 10 yr warranty and I really like the styling of the Niro. Biggest disappointment so far - wheels are hubcaps and although they look quite real, it was not mentioned at any time during the purchase.

By the way I understand that there are alloy wheels under the hubcaps so will check them out.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:11 PM

Make sure you only use Top Tier gasoline. This goes a long way for any engine.

2018 FE, MA
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 06:46 PM

So the advertising says! Not much objective data especially as I don't know that top tier gas is restricted to branded stations only. Lots of evidence otherwise about the supply chain.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page