2017 Kia Niro U.S. Pricing Announced - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

2017 Kia Niro U.S. Pricing Announced

Kia has finally released the U.S. spec Niro prices and their hybrid crossover is set to arrive in showrooms early this year.

Starting with the entry-level FE trim, this model has an MSRP of $22,890 and thatís not including the $900 freight charge. For that price, buyers will be getting plenty of standard equipment including a set of 16-inch wheels, keyless entry, power windows, six-speaker audio system, 7-inch touchscreen, smartphone integration, reversing camera and audio system.

One step up is the LX model which only costs $310 more than the FE with a starting price of $23,200. Not a bad deal as it adds LED taillights, roof rails and push-button start.

Then thereís the EX which starts at $25,700 each and it comes with additional LED DRLs, front fog lamps, heated power-folding mirrors, heated seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Lance Chance Assist.

Sitting just under the range-topping trim is the Launch Edition with a starting price of $28,000. For that price, customers will get two paint options called Snow White Pearl and Aurora Black Pearl. Other extra perks includes a special color grille, Hyper Gray 18-inch alloy wheels with Michelin tires, 8-inch touchscreen with navigation, 8 Harman Kardon speakers, and a 10-way driver's seat.

For $1,650 more, you can get the Touring model which adds tilt/slide sunroof, heated steering wheel, and ventilated seats on top of what the Launch Edition has to offer.

Of course Kia is also offering three additional equipment packages with varying prices and features depending on the trim. For an extra $1,450 the Lx will be equipped with Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Warning. The same package is available for the EX at $2,300 and itíll also come with smart cruise control and tilt/slide sunroof.

The Touring model gets its own package for $1,900. It includes the LX driver-assist technologies, HID headlights, wireless phone charger, and 110V inverter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 01:59 PM

I don't understand why the HID headlights aren't already coming with a trim like the Touring package or the Launch Edition. I'd be skipping out on the Touring extra package anyhow as I'll install aftermarket LED headlights, and I could do without the inverter and wireless charging.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 05:24 PM

Really impressed by how little it starts out at which taps right into the range for city cars and other compacts, which for Kia is a big thing. People want SUV's and taking away from the cheapest segments and pulling them right into what they actually want for a price like this goes a long way. I was worried they might do away with the one big reason people had for buying Kia's, and that is PRICE.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:48 PM

What about the nav system?

I'm confused about the nav system. Is it standard in all models? Is it only available on the touring? I only see it mentioned for the touring.

I wouldn't care, since phones are better than built-in nav systems, now, except for the "predictive energy control" mentioned here:
All-new Eco-DAS(Driver Assistance System) features Kiaís first application of Coasting Guide and Predictive Energy Control, which use the navigation system and analysis of the driverís route to improve efficiency. The Coasting Guide aims at maximizing fuel economy by coaching the driver on when to coast and brake. Predictive Energy Control anticipates topographical changes on the road ahead to actively manage energy flow, seamlessly determining when its best to recharge the battery and when its best to expend stored energy to optimize overall efficiency. Similar systems have been seen on German luxury makes, but it Kiaís is the first system to monitor and adjust for both ascending and descending scenarios.
This sounds great. Sometimes my Prius decides to do a lot of wasteful traction battery charging just before I know (but it doesn't) that I'm about to go down a very, very long hill.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:43 PM

The navigation will only be coming on the Launch Edition and the Touring. The extra package doesn't include navigation either.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Jay

My understanding is that the 8" touchscreen display in the top-level trims does hav the nav system and ECO-DAS also.

Korean video of ECO-DAS:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Touring also adds front/rear parking sensors and "Low washer fluid warning system".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page