Price paid for your Kia Niro - Page 29 - Kia Niro Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHM View Post
Does anyone have any other plug in EX pricing info they can share?
Car sales portals like cargurus is a good place to start. Here's a nationwide list of EX's sorted by price. Might want to also try searching by distance and call locals and ask them to match a farther dealer's better price.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/se...imNames=EX+FWD

2018 Niro LX PHEV
2019 Pacifica PHEV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Bought a 2019 Kia Niro PEHV EX Premium w/ sunroof (MSRP $37,175), platinum graphite exterior with light gray interior for $33,036 plus $799 dealer processing fee plus tax, title, and license fees. I am really enjoying it so far.

Last edited by haysnooze; 09-20-2019 at 05:31 PM.
post #283 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haysnooze View Post
Bought a 2019 Kia Niro PEHV EX Premium w/ sunroof (MSRP $37,175), platinum graphite exterior with light gray interior for $33,036 plus $799 dealer processing fee plus tax, title, and license fees. I am really enjoying it so far.
Haysnooze: Nice & congrats, you got a really good price!
I just got a 19 PHEV EX P w SR in Snow White. There were only two with the config we wanted within 200 miles. MSPR $37,500. Paid $36,000 + 150 dealer processing... But got to drive car for 3 days prior to purchase and top dollar for my 2017 Golf trade-in. Not a great deal, but was glad to be able to get exactly the car we wanted and have the op to drive it for over 200 miles to make sure it met our comfort requirements.

Dan
2019 Snow White Niro PHEV EX Premium w SR
Other car: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Ltd
post #284 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidan View Post
Haysnooze: Nice & congrats, you got a really good price!
I just got a 19 PHEV EX P w SR in Snow White. There were only two with the config we wanted within 200 miles. MSPR $37,500. Paid $36,000 + 150 dealer processing... But got to drive car for 3 days prior to purchase and top dollar for my 2017 Golf trade-in. Not a great deal, but was glad to be able to get exactly the car we wanted and have the op to drive it for over 200 miles to make sure it met our comfort requirements.
Glad you were able to get the config you wanted and were able to test it out that much before you bought it. We test drove ours only a few miles, but obviously knew we really liked it in those few miles. They also gave us a very fair amount for our trade in.
post #285 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:05 PM

PHEV 2019 price in ATL Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHM View Post
Does anyone have any other plug in EX pricing info they can share?
Have been following the Niro for a while now (since it came out) and now that it has a PHEV version, finally looking to get one. I wanted to get a feel if the current price that im at is a good deal.

Looking at $30500 for the EX. This is eligible with 0% through KMF, or additional $1500 rebate with 2.9% financing.

What do you all think?

Yay for my first post!
post #286 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:35 PM

I had to pay full MSRP price and was lucky to avoid a markup due to lack of availability in Feb. With the 2020's coming out prices might be dropping. I used https://www.cargurus.com to look at what sticker price was around me. You can limit by zip code and trim level. I searched and found that most in my area for the EX are 32000+, a few K below MSRP. (just searched for the same color and trim I bought and they are still at full MSRP!)

You can get the financing for the extra $ off and pay it off in 3 months with a $75 penalty fee (check fine print in your contract to verify) if you have a way to pay it off quickly. That should be way less than the amount they are offering.

Last edited by Beth; 10-16-2019 at 08:38 PM.
post #287 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM

I advice visiting the dealer site directly to get the promo pricing. i have saved too much to list here :-) but using cars.com and other popular sites shows “same” price discounts. this may be due to part of retailer agreement with manufacture. Going to dealer sites directly, they have all the Niro in promo discount price probably because 2020 is arriving soon. I read online the Niro is very popular in Europe and KIA can’t manufacture enough to supply the demand from only one factor in Korea. Also PHEV and especially BHEV is hard to fine because only limited number were sent to U.S.
post #288 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:33 PM

Thanks Beth and Sightland,

There is only one dealer that is willing to sell at that price, and Im not sure if I need to play hardball and negotiate some more. I feel its a good deal but I may be wrong so I wanted to check in here and get opinions.

The other dealers in the area cannot even come close to what I quoted previously (quoting me about 1k~1.5k higher) and one manager even came out of the office telling me things such as "wait till you get your feelings hurt then come back and tell us" and "I know people like you, etc etc". Basically trying to offend me and kick me out of dealership.

Anyways, this is the lowest PHEV EX I can find in the area ( not all dealerships carry it ). I know a lot of folks are saying that they are hard to get, but at the same time Im seeing a handful of PHEVs sitting for weeks already (based on what carguru.com says)

Thanks for all the replies
post #289 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyNiro View Post
Have been following the Niro for a while now (since it came out) and now that it has a PHEV version, finally looking to get one. I wanted to get a feel if the current price that im at is a good deal.

Looking at $30500 for the EX. This is eligible with 0% through KMF, or additional $1500 rebate with 2.9% financing.

What do you all think?

Yay for my first post!

It might be an OK price, but you really need to ask the dealer to give you the "Out the Door Price" (includes all fees, taxes, etc). If you don't insist on that, then they are free to add on all sorts of made-up fees at the last minute, and even if they're not indulging in that practice, the taxes and other fees that they are legally required to add (e.g. registration) might come as a shock if you aren't expecting them.

The sales manager who told you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyNiro View Post
"wait till you get your feelings hurt then come back and tell us" and "I know people like you, etc etc".
is someone you should stay away from. You might consider posting a negative review on Google, Twitter, or Facebook for that person. Or you might ask one of the junior salespeople at that dealership if there are certain days of the week when you could come in and deal with a sales manager who respects his or her customers.

When I look on the Kia web site for the cost of the 2019 Kia EX PHEV in my area, I see an MSRP of 32,100. As a first estimate on what might be a fair price, I'd consider 32,100 "out the door" (including all taxes and fees) as my fair target price, without having to play hardball, but with maybe having to be patient (in my case, I think it took more than six weeks between the time I first contacted the salesperson and the time we agreed on a deal. I just kept saying: "this is the exact model I want, and this is what I'm willing and ready to pay" until they finally agreed. Most of that negotiation was low-key, via e-mail). But part of my target price reasoning is based on my awareness that taxes are high in my area (southern CA). In other parts of the country where taxes and fees are less, I might be seeking a bit less than MSRP for the "out the door" price.

If you look at what others have reported on this thread, you'll likely observe that a few others have reported much better deals than I'm describing. It was never my intent to get the best possible price, I just wanted a fair price.

By the way: the dealer I purchased the car from didn't have it on their lot (they had to arrange for an inter-dealer trade) and they didn't appreciate the fact that I wasn't using their financing (they didn't get a kick back on the financing). But they were still very happy to close the deal with me, which suggests to me that they still made a decent profit on the sale, despite those aspects.

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue
post #290 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 04:43 AM

Right now my OTD would be 30400. Breakdown as follows

33525 MSRP ( 32100 + Carpet + Color + Destination fee )
-3125 Discount
-1500 Factory Rebate (2.9% financing or 0% financing without the rebate, will take rebate)
28900 Sale Price
+1500 Dealer Fees + Taxes + Titles ( Checked and no shenanigans here )
30400 Out the Door

I feel like this is a good price, but i may be biased. You guys probably are more objective on whether or not this is a good price. I've read previous posts and I think this is on par with what others paid.