Price paid for your Kia Niro - Kia Niro Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Price paid for your Kia Niro

Thinking about a Niro and am wondering what everyone paid for what model. Please post the price before taxes and fees as they differ from state to state. Thanks. Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Hey Alex. Have you heard of TrueCar.com? It's a price comparison tool that'll show you average prices of the vehicles purchased in your area, for both used and new. From what I can tell, prices still seem to be pretty close to msrp, but their graph will also show you the invoice price that the dealer pays, so maybe you can use that to finagle a bit of wiggle room.
post #3 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I will check it out.
post #4 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 PM

I paid 31,286 for Touring with advanced package. I got the first one in the dealership so I wasn't able to negotiate as good a discount.
post #5 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
I paid 31,286 for Touring with advanced package. I got the first one in the dealership so I wasn't able to negotiate as good a discount.
Actually, that's a really good price for a Touring with Tech Pkg! The dealers here want upwards of 35k for one.
post #6 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:40 AM

I'm interested in this topic too. I've never bought a new car before, so really not sure how it all works. I know that the Niro is in demand, so there isn't that much wiggle room. I dread the whole negotiation process....but want to get the best price possible. There is such little data out there since the niro is new. Any advice?
post #7 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM

At the end of next month, I intend on sending a letter to all the local dealers with an out-the-door price on the model, color, and features I want. The lowest bidder wins my business, with the caveat that I promised I'd go back to a certain dealer to see if they can beat the other dealer's price if they're not the lowest... I already know (or knew, now not as sure) that I want a Cerulean Blue EX with Tech Package. Hopefully, it'll help.
realto likes this.
post #8 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprenesti View Post
Actually, that's a really good price for a Touring with Tech Pkg! The dealers here want upwards of 35k for one.
That's w/o taxes and fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmura View Post
I'm interested in this topic too. I've never bought a new car before, so really not sure how it all works. I know that the Niro is in demand, so there isn't that much wiggle room. I dread the whole negotiation process....but want to get the best price possible. There is such little data out there since the niro is new. Any advice?
I think a fair equation is [(invoice $) - (dealer holdback)] X [1.03 to 1.05 (which would be 3-5% profit)] minus any other incentives you qualify for such as military, uber, student, etc. But you may get an even better deal with time.

Another way is like 100-500 over invoice price, I think I paid 300-400. As the car gets older and there are more on the lot you may even be able to get them under invoice.

Key is to also use prius prices.
Bigmura likes this.
post #9 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Just bought a Deep Blue Kia Niro EX. I paid $24,175 plus taxes and about 260 in dealer fees. I think I did pretty well.
post #10 of 279 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Just interested in hearing about what kind of deal was had on your Kia Niro. I did take the 0.9% 5 year Kia financing incentive and put no money down. Crazy not to do at that rate. Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page