Niro Ex Premium Plug-in Pricing - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Niro Ex Premium Plug-in Pricing

Hi I wanted to see what pricing others have been getting on this. I was offered $35,200 - $35,500 out the door at a few dealerships (includes 8% tax, title and license) in illinois. We are looking for the car in gravity blue and to be honest are still weighing this against the ioniq. The niro is significantly more comfortable but the cost to own is much more expensive for the trim levels.

Is that a good deal or do you think the price will come down more in the coming months?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:08 PM

We paid $36,000 out the door for the same car in Georgia except in black ($2339 for tax, $242 for registration and tag fees). We only had a couple dealers with inventory to choose from so it was tough to shop around. Maybe if more inventory comes in the price will go down, but my sense is that our area will not be getting much inventory for plug-ins. We are pleased with the car so far and especially enjoying the plug-in aspect and being able to do most trips on battery only. Good luck!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:27 PM

33684 is the invoice w/ destination charge if that helps w/o carpet mats, etc. I think as they get more in stock, the prices should be more negotiable.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 PM

It's tough to tell if the prices will go down. Stock seems to be much more limited for the plug in version which is a shame...I guess demand for these types of vehicles is not great.
I don't think the Ioniq plug in has come out yet right?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

It is out, but in the midwest it has been very tough to get. We did settle on the ioniq as a dealer said he could get it about a month ago. We would be saving money over the Niro, and while we like the Niro better the cost of the life of the vehicle with lifetime battery warranty on the ioniq seemed to make better sense for our needs.

The issue is 4 weeks later and no confirmation on the car. Hyundai/Kia dealers apparently cannot order cars, so they either need to pay special transport costs to get the car from an east coast or CA dealer...or wait until the car hits the port and intercept it there for their dealership.

Hyundai's whole claim that any dealership can order the car is really a bunch of hogwash.

We are revisiting our options now, and reconsidering the Niro if a dealer can be more competitive. We keep cars 12 years or more, so we are factoring that into our decision as to if we will get the value from the Niro given battery replacement, or if we just should find a gas alternative option.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 PM

Lifetime warranty on the battery is a crock! Human nature engineering of advertising/marketing. The fine print is that they only cover battery failure, not normal degradation of capacity. Think cell phone battery that is worn out after two years use. An unlimited cellphone battery warranty similar to Hyundai's will not replace it.

Battery failures will mostly happen in the first couple of years, if at all. Kia's 100,000 mile battery warranty is just as good Hyundai's "lifetime" warranty. I wouldn't make a decision of Ioniq over Niro because of the warranty.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
Lifetime warranty on the battery is a crock! Human nature engineering of advertising/marketing. The fine print is that they only cover battery failure, not normal degradation of capacity. Think cell phone battery that is worn out after two years use. An unlimited cellphone battery warranty similar to Hyundai's will not replace it.

Battery failures will mostly happen in the first couple of years, if at all. Kia's 100,000 mile battery warranty is just as good Hyundai's "lifetime" warranty. I wouldn't make a decision of Ioniq over Niro because of the warranty.
Interesting --- don't cover normal degradation (I would think degradation less than the warranty is Not Normal). Might be interesting to check with Customer Service (KIA not Dealer) on that one.

I would not have bought a HYBRID had I know that. I really, don't drive enough (12,000 a year) to make it (HYBRID) worth while anyway. However, I do like the idea of running into town and back (say 36 miles)a t 50 MPG VS 25 MPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 AM

For me, the emotional impact of better mpg is greater than the math. I bought a motorcycle several years ago that gets 68 mpg. I love using it for 40 mile trips over my car (which at the time was 27 mpg). But the reality is that between acquisition costs, running costs (especially tires), and accidents, it has not actually saved me money. But I've always been an mpg freak, from back in 1977 when I bought a Datsun B210 plus with EPA of 37/50. So the Niro is a great car for me personally. I'll certainly own it long enough to payback the extra costs of purchasing a hybrid no matter the future price of oil. Huge emotional benefit of being better on the environment as well.
extech67 likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

If you can get something below MSRP, do it. These things seem to be made of unobtanium, my dealer hasn't been able to find an EX Premium for me at all, and my only hang-up is wanting the light interior. But apparently there's so few of them that when dealers get them they're not real willing to let go of them. Not even for an AWD Stinger GT apparently....
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rob the Kia Sales Guy Send a message via Yahoo to Rob the Kia Sales Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
If you can get something below MSRP, do it. These things seem to be made of unobtanium, my dealer hasn't been able to find an EX Premium for me at all, and my only hang-up is wanting the light interior. But apparently there's so few of them that when dealers get them they're not real willing to let go of them. Not even for an AWD Stinger GT apparently....
Correct. You can "technically" order cars but it's still what Kia feels like shipping to us. We were lucky enough to get 2 and we sold the premium EX in less than a week. We DO have an LX with the technology package if that would work for you.

It's Silver.

I don't want to spam, only help so admins delete if you feel it's over the top.