Dealer prep - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Dealer prep

Has anyone seen a checklist for the dealership to fill out when preparing a new car? On a Honda Clarity site they found one and found that some(many) dealerships were not properly preparing the cars. One bigge was that the Honda factory stated batteries left uncharged for 60 to 90 days could be seriously degraded. Many cars were being turned over to customers still uncharged regardless of time on the lot. There were several other items on their checklists not being done. Thought it would be interesting to see a Kia Niro checklist. A couple Honda customers said they received a signed copy. When I bought my Kia Niro I did not. Did anyone here or does Kia do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:00 AM

For my PHEV, I found a checklist at the back of the separate "Features & Functions Guide". But I didn't see it until after I got the car home. And my knucklehead dealer certainly didn't sign it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3453-2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	4033  

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 11:09 AM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I imagine most dealers don't even bother with doing this, all they care is the sale of the car.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

The Honda Clarity is having multiple new model type issues which Honda is addressing but either the Niro is having much much less or its not being reported here.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwbj View Post
The Honda Clarity is having multiple new model type issues which Honda is addressing but either the Niro is having much much less or its not being reported here.
What are some of the issues going on with the Honda Clarity?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Here's a few off the top of my head. Car not taking a charge or kicking out during charge. False multiple system warnings sometimes shutting car down. Crazy range readouts. And the noise reduction plugs not installed. And cars not charged at dealership. Service bulletins and recalls are resolving most problems.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page