Galpin Kia, Van Nuys CA shutdown - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tonepad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Galpin Kia, Van Nuys CA shutdown

If you bought from this very large dealer in the San Fernando Valley of SoCal, youíre probably getting word that Galpin Motor Group has closed its Kia dealership. A friend of mine who purchased a Kia Niro PHEV from them on my reco alerted me a couple of days ago and sure enough, I received a notice in the mail yesterday. Galpin is a huge dealer of Ford, Honda, VW, Mazda, Subaru, Volvo, Hyundai, and until a few days ago Kia. I donít know what happened and the nearest dealers are 20 miles east and west of me. Thatís an inconvenience for sure. Iím just leasing, so something more local replacement dealer may come up in the next 2.5 years, but is this a comment on Kiaís health?, I mean California is a big hunk of a car makerís hybrid/EV business.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
If you bought from this very large dealer in the San Fernando Valley of SoCal, youíre probably getting word that Galpin Motor Group has closed its Kia dealership. A friend of mine who purchased a Kia Niro PHEV from them on my reco alerted me a couple of days ago and sure enough, I received a notice in the mail yesterday. Galpin is a huge dealer of Ford, Honda, VW, Mazda, Subaru, Volvo, Hyundai, and until a few days ago Kia. I donít know what happened and the nearest dealers are 20 miles east and west of me. Thatís an inconvenience for sure. Iím just leasing, so something more local replacement dealer may come up in the next 2.5 years, but is this a comment on Kiaís health?, I mean California is a big hunk of a car makerís hybrid/EV business.
Might be more of a statement about the dealers "health".

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 PM

Or what brands are most profitable to sell.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Garage
I just had my 7500 check done, and I called Galpin last week.... surprise!!! I ended up going too Kia in Glendale, not a bad experience. Made an appt online, had 3 TSB's taken care if, as well as the rest of the work in a 7500 ck, and it took 3.5 hrs, the car was out on time!

You might want to try there if it's not too far for you!!

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK6PD View Post
I just had my 7500 check done, and I called Galpin last week.... surprise!!! I ended up going too Kia in Glendale, not a bad experience. Made an appt online, had 3 TSB's taken care if, as well as the rest of the work in a 7500 ck, and it took 3.5 hrs, the car was out on time!

You might want to try there if it's not too far for you!!
Yeah itís either Kia Glendale or a dealer out in Simi. I window shopped the Glendale place, and I go to Glendale to visit my grandkids so thatís probly my logical choice. Seems like a successful operation, they just didnít have a Niro Touring at the time I wanted to lease, and Galpin ďwasĒ close to my home. Thanks for the descriptive tip.
KK6PD likes this.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page