Pricing on a 2019 PHEV LX? - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigcanoe
  • 1 Post By lafe005

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Pricing on a 2019 PHEV LX?

I tried to check TrueCar and they didnt seem to have this model listed. I am looking at a 2019 plug in, LX, and want to know what is a good price to shoot for. I am located in central NC. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
In Canada, there is no LX PHEV, there are only 2 versions available. EX Premium and SX.!

i know that in the States, there are more versions!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

I mailed about 6 different dealers with details on what I wanted. I used TrueCar pricing as a basis. It took some back and forth but I found an LX at a local dealer and worked out a fair price (I think). We are picking it up tomorrow, so I will report back with the details then.
lafe005 likes this.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

We paid 29769 out the door for our 2019 LX PHEV, no trade. They did a really hard sell on the add ons (extended warranty, blah blah), so much so they had my wife in tears and about ready to walk out. The price was easy compared to signing the paper work. But we muddled through and are enjoying the car very much so far. Tomorrow is our first commute!

It is blue (not black like it looks) with the tan interior:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3333.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	566.8 KB
ID:	4161  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcanoe View Post
We paid 29769 out the door for our 2019 LX PHEV, no trade. They did a really hard sell on the add ons (extended warranty, blah blah), so much so they had my wife in tears and about ready to walk out. The price was easy compared to signing the paper work. But we muddled through and are enjoying the car very much so far. Tomorrow is our first commute!

Sorry to hear about your wife. I'm the opposite when dealing with that. I'm like a smiling Mr. Spock. Let them talk and talk, then I just say, "No thanks," unless it's something I actually want, then I'd typically ask them for it. Sales peeps can be way too pushy, and have lost sales to me that way on multiple occasions.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:25 AM

lafe005: you managed to snag one of those very rare PHEVs!? Contgrats!!! You're gonna love it.
I'll sell mine as soon as the EV comes out here. Never know, might even break even since it's basically a collectors item here!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orac View Post
Sorry to hear about your wife. I'm the opposite when dealing with that. I'm like a smiling Mr. Spock. Let them talk and talk, then I just say, "No thanks," unless it's something I actually want, then I'd typically ask them for it. Sales peeps can be way too pushy, and have lost sales to me that way on multiple occasions.
Thanks! I buy alot of cars (too many) so I was prepared. She does not and was not. We were fine with the sales guy, it was the second sales guy aka business office where you sign documents that was the real hard sell.

2019 Niro LX PHEV (plug in) in Gravity Blue with Tan interior
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orac View Post
lafe005: you managed to snag one of those very rare PHEVs!? Contgrats!!! You're gonna love it.
I'll sell mine as soon as the EV comes out here. Never know, might even break even since it's basically a collectors item here!

Ohhh yess!!! so far there are less than 5 PHEV that has been delivered in western Canada. (Vancouver and Calgary)... Mine is on the train to Montreal... 2-3 weeks..

i have sold back my HEV to to the dealer and got a small negative amount in my loan... they have worked very hard to not have a balance to pay. But i will be the first to give a used Niro.! hahahaha...

@ Bigcanoe, Congrats and it's a nice color!
bigcanoe likes this.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcanoe View Post

Great price. Mind if I ask what dealer you used and what your sticker price was? I haven't been able to come anywhere close to that in Atlanta
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight71 View Post
Great price. Mind if I ask what dealer you used and what your sticker price was? I haven't been able to come anywhere close to that in Atlanta
Sure! I started with a TrueCar quote. Then I emailed several local dealers and told them to send me their best out the door price, matching or beating this price. No add ons, no trade, no dealer options, just the car. I got several good responses. I went with the LX which was about 3k less than the EX. The sticker was 29,740 and the dealer was Hendrick Kia in Cary, NC.

2019 Niro LX PHEV (plug in) in Gravity Blue with Tan interior