Kia Financing question - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Kia Financing question

Hi. I'm looking to get a new Niro and wanted to apply ahead of time for financing. I know the trim/packages I want, so just want the financing settled first to be able to shop around various dealers and just worry about haggling price alone. Looking at the Kia Financing application online, it makes you select a dealer. Does this lock me into only using that particular dealer or will I just get approved for a certain amount /terms and be able to take it to whatever Kia dealer I want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:46 PM

Wessock I can't answer your question but wanted to share the experience I just had buying a 2019 PHEV Niro.

I had worked with a Kia dealer nearest me and they were uncooperative in helping me buy the Niro I wanted. Very happy and even a little pushy to sell the Niros they had in stock but not what I as a customer wanted.

On the advice of a friend I registered on line for Edmond's New Car buying service. What a difference the internet buying experience was for me!

I listed the exact model and package I wanted and my personal information. I began to immediately begin receiving emails from local Kia Dealers competing to get my business to sell me the car I wanted. I ended up finding just the Niro PHEV I wanted not 60 miles from my home at an unbeatable price.

I would encourage you to investigate some of the online options for buying a car such as Costco, Edmonds etc. You might be very surprised at the deal you get. We live in Kentucky and a Dealer form Atlanta, Georgia contacted me through Edmonds offering to ship the vehicle I wanted to our home. The internet opens up a much bigger arena to buy a car in.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessock View Post
Hi. I'm looking to get a new Niro and wanted to apply ahead of time for financing. I know the trim/packages I want, so just want the financing settled first to be able to shop around various dealers and just worry about haggling price alone. Looking at the Kia Financing application online, it makes you select a dealer. Does this lock me into only using that particular dealer or will I just get approved for a certain amount /terms and be able to take it to whatever Kia dealer I want?
Kia pre-approval means Kia will lend at those terms in that state, so if there's another dealer nearby in the same state, you can transfer that.

I sell Niros here in Albuquerque, is that convenient for you?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm in PA so NM is a tad far lol. Right now they have a 0% APR promo. That can be combined with the $1000 cash back correct?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:59 PM

Where in Pa. r u? I used to live in the Poconos. Find a few cars online that you want. Hopefully find a few that are exactly the same and call the different dealers, talk to the Sales Manager and see who sells it to you the cheapest. Make sure it's an out the door price since nowadays dealers add BS. fees.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I've already contacted some dealers within the area I'd be willing to drive to. The closest one to me with the options I want seems like a PITA unfortunately. Further away dealers have offered better deals but they also aren't my color choices. Looking for an EX with advanced tech, maybe premium if the deal was good enough. What would be a good out of the door price for those right now, excluding sales tax and cash back? My local dealer doesn't have any of the ones I'd want in stock and the sales guy was pretty honest seemingly, saying they don't sell many Niros and they sit on the lot for a while. Just sucks that they didn't have the version I wanted because they seemed pretty low pressure and easy going for a dealer.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Well I submitted the app and was approved but it doesn't however list the APR and only defaulted to the base EX MSRP amount because the closest dealer only had base EX Niros in stock. It seems like trying to avoid haggling APRs at the dealer isn't going to happen now. Am I missing something? Will I have to reapply to get approved for an EX Premium or Advance Tech? The whole point of trying to apply online was to avoid a battle with the dealer finance guys.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:53 PM

Don't settle

I wanted the Cerulean Blue Niro hybrid and the local dealer only had white or red. They tried to reduce the price on the red to make it appealing and I still wasn't interested. Then they proceeded to tell me that there were no Niros of this color in the state of Georgia. I told the agent that I will go somewhere else. They instantly changed there tune and was able to locate one in 30 minutes and had it delivered in two days.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

I already have a deal setup for a blue EX with either a advance teck or premium (they have both in blue, just undecided) but it's not the dealer that the finance app defaulted to. I really don't want multiple credit checks. I was kind of expecting it to just give me a max approval amount, not default to a specific dealer and specific vehicle on their lot. It didn't give the option to "build" the car and options, just selected Niro EX. I'm really only interested in it if I can get the 0-0.9%Apr and cash back.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM

Iíve seen the ads where they say low interest rate PLUS $1000 cash back but make sure that whoever you buy from honors that deal up front.

When I bought my Niro, I went through TrueCar and I went with the dealer that matched my price. They used all these Kia discounts to get to my price. My credit is excellent and never had issues financing a car in the past and knew that I could get a loan from my credit union, so I didnít discuss financing up front. So when it came time to settle the deal, the salesman said it was either all the discounts OR 0% loan. And then they were offering some ridiculously high loan. I should have walked out, but I ended up going through my CU for the loan.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page