Carpeted Floor Mats - $135
Cargo Net - $50
Cargo Cover - $150
Carpeted Cargo Mat with SeatBack Protection - $115
Auto dimming mirror with homelink and Compass - $350
Mud guards - $95
Paint Protection Package - $200
Wheel Locks - $55

Now - all of these options are on the window sticker and are nice but i wouldn't necessarily have chosen all of them.

These bring the MSRP to $27,820 and my price before tax, titles and fee's would be $22,080.

this seems like a good deal but it's hard to compare to other prices out there because of the extra options.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Things like the mats and cargo cover that can be taken out can usually be removed and the price reduced. Otherwise you're kind of stuck with what's available in your area. Prices seem to vary depending on region and availability. My PHEV EX Premium had no negotiation, and I was lucky to avoid a dealer markup over MSRP.
Chris Cohea likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:36 PM

Looks like a thousand dollars of stuff I wouldn't want, but your bottom line is rather good I'd say assuming the dealer fee is not outrageous. A couple items are port installed, but the rest is dealer installed. Just say no. Or not. The price is good.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cohea View Post
Looking to possibly purchase a 2019 LX with the following options:

Advanced Technology Package - $1450
Aluminum Door Scuff Plate - $100
Cargo Mat - $95
Cargo Bars - $285
Carpeted Floor Mats - $135
Cargo Net - $50
Cargo Cover - $150
Carpeted Cargo Mat with SeatBack Protection - $115
Auto dimming mirror with homelink and Compass - $350
Mud guards - $95
Paint Protection Package - $200
Wheel Locks - $55

Now - all of these options are on the window sticker and are nice but i wouldn't necessarily have chosen all of them.

These bring the MSRP to $27,820 and my price before tax, titles and fee's would be $22,080.

this seems like a good deal but it's hard to compare to other prices out there because of the extra options.

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Things like the mats and cargo cover that can be taken out can usually be removed and the price reduced. Otherwise you're kind of stuck with what's available in your area. Prices seem to vary depending on region and availability. My PHEV EX Premium had no negotiation, and I was lucky to avoid a dealer markup over MSRP.
If it is on the Monroney sticker, then the vehicle must be sold with that item, by law. If it is on a dealer addendum, then it may be sold with or without the item.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:11 AM

Location: Knoxville, TN (soon to be Elizabethton, TN) work in Asheville, NC
Garage
You can lease the PHEV for less and be able to drive electric for 26 miles and save money at the pump.

FYI, my adjusted cap cost on my fully loaded PHEV EX Premium was $28080 which is the MSRP sticker price on the LX non-PHEV you listed here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Of the things on that list. Ask if you can get the wheel locks remobed. (there is $50 savings for something you do not want.) The lock is useless as there are enough of them out there than any wheel thief will likely have a kia lock adaptor, and if they do not, then it is so easy to remove them (destructive) that they don't offer any deturant to a thief. All they manage to do is tick you or a service person off if they are trying to replace a flat tire as now you need to get the special key that you likely will have lost or misplaced.

I am however wondering about the Carpeted Cargo Mat with SeatBack Protection - $115 .. I ended up putting in a weathertech cargo liner that I had inside my old ford Edge that I took a utility knife to modify it to fit. Figured I'd get zero dollar for it trying to sell and if it does the job even 80% well that is far better than none at all.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page