The present - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

The present

Hello folks,I purchased a Niro FE with 51 miles from my wife as a 20-year anniversary present... had great gas mileage to and from work plenty of room very nice looking vehicle so we decided to take it for a spin during the Memorial Day weekend about a 300-mile round trip we average about 50 miles per gallon.. then all of a sudden a few miles from the house disaster struck total meltdown all these lights came on at the same time the hybrid system warning,ready indicator blinking,malfunction indicator charging system the AC system. We called the service department Monday but they were closed because it was a Holiday.. took it Tuesday morning went over all that happen to the vehicle long story short no one knew exactly what went wrong with the vehicle they were perplexed.. my service rep indicated that they were calling an engineer. Was getting conflicting stories?finally the first service rep after calling repeatedly gave me a case number and refer me to Kia consumer which now they're handling it the gentleman seemed eager to help so we see what happens will keep you guys posted and they did provide a car which we are traveling in right now thanks and best regards to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 PM

That makes 3 or 4 serious things reported on this FORUM.

Beginning to look Not To Good for NIRO. However, so far I am OK with mine at something over 4500 miles.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

I thought it'd be a good idea considering I have a monster truck F-350 four wheel drive 8 foot bed V10 never had any problem with that Beast except regular maintenance... FE i purchase for my wife was a beautiful red one she really did enjoy it good luck on yours...
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:32 PM

I am at 6500 KM on mine, and it is performing very well so far. Hopefully I don't encounter a problem such as yours. Good Luck.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I'm glad at least yours is driving well... still waiting to hear what Kia consumer has to say..? enjoy
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 06:08 PM

So it suddenly died in the middle of the road just like that? That sounds dangerous. I'm glad you are ok and please keep us updated on the response from KIA. I just got mine and so far so good.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Just for clarification it didn't die in the middle of the road it just had complete electrical meltdown while still running on the freeway... it was very scary indeed not knowing what was going on... they upgraded the car from a Hyundai to a Jeep now just to get around in... yes we'll keep you all posted on what Kia consumer has to say... good luck on your purchase enjoy
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post
Just for clarification it didn't die in the middle of the road it just had complete electrical meltdown while still running on the freeway... it was very scary indeed not knowing what was going on... they upgraded the car from a Hyundai to a Jeep now just to get around in... yes we'll keep you all posted on what Kia consumer has to say... good luck on your purchase enjoy
A KIA dealership gave you a Hyundai and then a Jeep as a loaner??? That's bizarre.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

The KIA dealership that I went to has an agreement with Enterprise so I upgraded to the jeep.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Has there been any input or resolution on your car? (fix maybe)

I guess not since you have not reported anything, just wondering.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page