I have seen, touched, and sat in a Niro - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

I have seen, touched, and sat in a Niro

I had the good fortune yesterday to stop by the Spitzer Kia in Cleveland, OH and they had their training Niro in the showroom. It was unlocked and I got to sit in it. I am currently in a Kia Soul, and I am a former Rondo owner. This car looks and feels like the love child of a Rondo and a Forte 5. As far as I'm concerned, it is perfect in every way. High enough off the ground to make entering and exiting easy. It has plenty of front seat leg room. The cargo area behind the 2nd row seats is large. It is better than I could have imagined. It will be my next car provided the price isn't too high with the features I want. If it is, I'll wait until a used one comes available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 PM

Please tell me you took some pictures ! Lucky duck, thanks for the insight though, that's greatly appreciated !
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:15 PM

Have you by any chance been in any other vehicles in the segment? That's the sort of comparison i'm looking more for at the moment. Would be great if you did since a lot of us are deciding and comparing models.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

I have no pictures. Pretty much, it looks like every picture that is on the web when you Google Kia Niro. I didn't notice any changes.

The only other vehicle in the segment I've been in is the Ford C-Max. The Niro will have much better cargo capacity than the C-Max. The Ford has a more upright seating position, but the Niro is not bad. The Ford feels more like the Rondo from the driver's seat, and the Niro feels more like the Forte, but higher off the ground.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

By the way, on the Kia website, it lists the dealerships where a demo model will be. I have a couple in my area to look at, including the dealership where I purchased my Soul.
Neuron likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:11 PM

It seems to be only available in the states, can't even find the Niro page on the Canadian website. Too bad they didn't let you turn it on to play with the infotainment system.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 PM

Hopefully the infotainment system isn't subjected to bugs like majority of the new cars coming out are now.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 03:14 PM

We'll just have to deal with them as they come up but I rather have infotainment problems than problems with say the powertrain, drivetrain, suspension, etc. and unfortunately being a new vehicle those latter areas will be also something prone to problems. New car woes.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 04:11 PM

That is true. Plan on waiting a year or so for them to fix "some" of the kinks ?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 PM

I'll give it about 6 months or so, by then a number of batches should be out, providing a good sample size of Niro's to really have a say in if I want to make a move at that point or hold back a bit longer. At the end of the day that's what its all about.... volume.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page