There is a Niro at my local Kia dealer - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

There is a Niro at my local Kia dealer

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I have been really looking forward to the release of the Niro. It is at the top of my list of cars to buy (which I plan to do in early). My local Kia dealer here in Southern California has a grey Niro on display. It is not available to buy or even test drive, but it is cool to be able to sit it one finally. I like everything about it but I'm worried that Kia may price the Niro too high. If the price point starts at $28,000 or more I will not be buying one. There are too many other great new cars available for under $26,000 that I like (Honda HRV, Kia Soul, etc.) Does anyone have any insight on the U.S. pricing of the Niro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 01:46 PM

Sorry, no solid information on pricing as yet but what we do have is a Kia Niro page to keep checking for updates and as we get closer to the North American International Auto Show, word on pricing should come out.

Keep checking this page 2017 Kia Niro | Hybrid Crossover Utility Vehicle | Kia and keep talking to your dealers, odds are they might have pricing before it goes out to the public.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 03:28 PM

Definitely seems like you'll have to wait until next year. But if there's one there @Alex has the best idea. Keep talking to them and see what you can get out of em'. Develop a relationship and they may feel more inclined to tell you
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 PM

Why does this sound like some undercover sting operation lol. Slip them a 20$ and see what they have to tell you then ...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKrazy View Post
Why does this sound like some undercover sting operation lol. Slip them a 20$ and see what they have to tell you then ...
Odds are its because they don't have anything to sell you right their on the spot they just won't budge, hence why developing a relationship helps if you want to go that route.

Bringing them coffee and donuts usually help. I think something along the lines of Starbucks coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts does the trick...because if you see what dealership coffee is like, the math quickly adds up
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

I think the Kia Dealers don't really have any idea about pricing or release date at this time. At least the sales people don't. I live in Southern California and there are at least 6 Kia Dealers within 30 minutes of me. I have stopped by 3 of them now that have a Niro on display. At one dealership the salesman told me Kia hadn't even decided for sure if they were going to sell the Niro in the US. He said that is why they have some on display, because Kia was trying to get feedback from customers to see if there was enough interest in the US. He said if Kia decides to sell them here it will be late 2017 at the earliest. At the second dealership the salesman told me the Niro would be in dealerships in January 2017 and the third dealership salesman said it would be March 2017. My take away from this is that the sales people have no clue about release date or pricing. (And the first salesman was completely full of crap.)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 04:00 PM

Sometimes it depends on who you speak with and who is willing to give you certain types of information.

Odds are if you were to speak with the Service Manager or Sales Manager or even Sales Director they would know more.
The overall story is it's a game of patience which is especially hard when we're this close and to some, in real need of a vehicle.

Once the Detroit show comes and passes, there should be much more clear information.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Jay

The Car Connection is reporting that the entry-level FE trim starts at $24k and a fully-equipped touring trim tops out at $33k.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page