First Hybrid - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

First Hybrid

Hi,
After another driver totaled my Optima (2012 Ex Turbo) I needed a replacement car with modern safety features and no loss of comfort features (being an old fart). I drove the Niro and liked it. So now I have a Red Niro Touring and I am loving it.

I find the Niro somewhat less powerful - lol - but I am having fun in playing with the gas mileage and other features.

I know the touring model is rated at a lower mpg but I have got the mpg on the 2nd tank up to 49.3 mpg using light foot and smart cruise control as much as possible. I am determined to hit 50 mpg at some point then I will pay less attention to it and blast around a bit more.

Sports mode is nice but you can see an immediate mpg drop.

I am still getting used to the Voice control and navigation - it being different from the Optima's. It seems better than the Optima but the absolute best is the my wife's Buick Encore Onstar navigation. You get to talk to a real person in under 30 seconds and get the directions downloaded. That said, I am sure I will figure it out.

Only thing I do not like is that you have to plug in the Android phone for the Android Auto to work. properly. Wireless would have been SO much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page