First Kia - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By judyn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

First Kia

We are migrants from other hybrids (Honda, then 2012 Prius V). We would have purchased a new Prius V, but in their wisdom they dropped the car and expected us to buy a RAV 4 which is a baby SUV and has much worse gas mileage than the Prius V. That wasn't gonna happen! So I found the Kia Niro, which is similar in shape (we needed a station wagon type car) but a bit smaller. Smaller is a problem, but we kept the Prius V for when we need to transport something larger.

We just drove from Texas to Maine and back and absolutely love the car. We appreciate the new technology which makes driving easier and much safer. No more blind spots! We love the smart cruise control. The very bright easy to use screen is lovely.

I don't miss driving the Prius V at all and I reallly thought I would.

We wanted a plug-in hybrid, but, well, there weren't any anywhere near our home by the time we decided we wanted a new car. Next time...
safari likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 PM

Welcome to the club! We love ours, too. If you do mostly short trips the PHEV is great but for longer range (Texas to Maine!) you're probably better off with the HEV. Enjoy!

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Welcome. I looked at the Prius V myself. What ruled it out was that I couldn’t get things like lane warning, blind spot detection, etc without going to the top top trim and adding a package. Whereas with the regular Prius and a lot of other cars these things are becoming standard or at least mid tier. Then they killed it anyway...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page