Hello - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Hello

Hello all,
I am new to the Niro, and to hybrids in general.

I am from Pittsburgh, Pa and traded my 2016 Kia Soul on a blue 2018 Niro Lx with the advanced tech package. It has only been a few days but I like it so far! I am hoping it is as trouble free as my Soul was! In the 3 years I owned it I never had any problems with it. That was the first car I have ever owned that never had any problems so my wife got a Forte because we where impressed by Kia.
In the 3 days I have owned the car I have had the front windows tinted to match the back and have a trailer hitch scheduled to be installed next Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Welcome and congrats on your new car.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome. I sometimes wonder if it would have been a smart idea to get the front windows tinted a little bit more. From what I could seem the front door windows did have some tint to them, but not nearly as much as the back door windows. I am not sure how much they let you tint.

I also am wondering about the trailer hitch you are getting? I have ordered one of the CURT ones as it seems they are one of the few who doesn't require the skirting around the back bumper to need a cutout. I am wondering if installing one will have any impact on the warranty coverage in you are effectively doing a modification to the body work of the car. I don't think it should, but with any insurance company, any wiggle they have will be used against you. I just want a hitch so I can put my bike rack on the back.

Lots of luck with your new car. I am sure you will love it, and as you drive it more will get use to its nuances and get some fab milage savings from it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

The tint isn't actually legal, so to speak. I think it was 25% (I could be wrong on that). It matches the rear stock tint. I have had every car I owned for the past 25 years tinted. I actually have a doctors note that has gotten me out of tickets. The worst that has happened is going to the magistrate and showing them the paper from the doctor showing my eye problems ( I am color blind and have some issues with light sensitivity) and they just dismiss it. But I have only ever been pulled over in a sedan with tint and never bothered in anything that comes with the rear tinted from the factory.
The hitch I am getting is from Uhaul. I am just getting it for my bike rack.
I had a Curt on my soul that I installed myself, but after seeing the cost of it and comparing with the installed price I figured it was worth it to be lazy and just let them install it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Let us know how the install goes and even better would be to take some photo's of the finished job. The car is new enough that I don't think there are many photo's of what you'd get so it's a great help to the Niro community the more info we can get. I did find a video of a CURT 13329 install and it sure looks far easier to install than the Ford Edge 13067 model that I did. At least the bottom bolts you are not doing the blind threading of the nuts so it should be far easier.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 12:42 PM

Welcome to the community and congrats on the new Niro! Interested to see what exactly Kia has in store for the refreshed Soul, because early spy shots indicate that quite a bit has changed in terms of looks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page