intro to the group. - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

intro to the group.

Hi,
My name is Mike and I just purchased a new 2018 kia nire fe.
Previously I drove a Toyota Corolla, 2004 model ce.

I stand 6'1" and about 245lbs...

I am very happy with the room in the car and for me all the bells and whistles compared to my old car.

ECSTATIC with the ride and MPG that I am getting.
the first tank I averaged 53.2 mpg, driving mostly in city and some inter state.

Love looking at what I have averaged during each day driving and the mpg for the new tank full of gas.

Just curious in knowing anyone out there that has a lot of mileage on their 2018 Niro FE

Thanks you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:07 AM

Welcome aboard and good luck with your new car.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

I am 6'2" and found that the head room clearance was better in my Niro than I got in my old Ford Edge. Even more surprising is that there is even plenty of head room if you sit in the back seat. Now, it does get a bit cramped for leg room if you have some six foot people also sitting in the front seats as they tend to want to have the seats slid all the way back.

I too was quite impressed at what comes standard with the Niro even at the lowest level trim. I personally moved up to the EX level, mostly as I purchased two cars and up here in Canada, the L series only comes in black and white with only the black available, and we decided it was going to be annoying having the same colour cars. The EX opened up to a choice of 5 colours, plus I am glad to get the added heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel. Snow is not something that South Florida has to deal with.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:12 PM

Garage
I'm 5'10" and the headroom is nuts. It feels like the ceiling is 3 feet above my head.

I just crossed the 4,000 mile mark on my odometer, and I haven't even had the car 2 months yet - it's SO enjoyable to drive, that I find myself coming up with every excuse I can to get into the car and drive places. That's something I've never done before, even in my Audi S6 - in that car, I tend to find excuses NOT to drive anywhere, because the gas is so bloody expensive. $80 in gas (22 gallons) only gets me about 275 miles! Plus the "sporty" ride is only fun for short distances. The Niro is downright enjoyable to ride in! I went for an 8 hour drive the other day, and wasn't the least bit uncomfortable at the end, I was still ready to drive some more.

I, too, was planning tpo get the FE trim originally, because even it has an impressive list of features. Really the only reason I picked the PHEV LX was because of the benefits the state of CA gave me for it, otherwise I would have been good with the FE trim.

Anyways, welcome! Enjoy the new car!

2018 PHEV

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 11-14-2018 at 12:15 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the Forum Mike! Enjoy your Niro in hot and warm weather! (lucky you..!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill401 View Post
the L series only comes in black and white with only the black available, and we decided it was going to be annoying having the same colour cars. The EX opened up to a choice of 5 colours, plus I am glad to get the added heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel. Snow is not something that South Florida has to deal with.

- For the colors, the L (FE in USA) trim had 3 colors (Blk, Grey and White) for 2017 and 2018... for the 2019, it's Blk and Grey only... for all the other trims, NO more Red color.!
but i dont understand why in the US, you have the Gravety Blue for the PHEV only and the Deep Cerulean on the HEV only... In Canada we can get both colors on all HEV and PHEV versions

- and Yes... the heating options are very helpfull here up in the cold canadian north.!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page