Ringing Sound - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Ringing Sound

Hi! I purchased my Niro in September & am loving it! Every now & then I hear what sounds like my phone ringing but it’s not! No warning lights go on...usually just 3 “bubble” rings? Any one else hear this & can let me know what it means...??? Thank you in adv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 11:39 PM

Sorry, my Niro has so many "bells and whistles" (literally) that I frequently find myself wondering what it is chirping about. It might help if you described your driving conditions at the time when you hear this sequence of "3 bubble rings". (What is a bubble ring? Sounds like the kind of thing that Tom (RIP) and Ray Magliozzi of CarTalk would have loved to have someone call in and try to vocalize).

For me, the beeping starts when I'm backing out of my garage, because the sidewalls of the garage are so close that the parking assist sensors start chirping away to warn me of objects in close proximity. I also have a feature enabled that occasionally chirps at me to begin coasting to a slower speed, but it only does that when I have a course programmed into the navigation system and it knows that I will be needing to slow down in order to turn at the next intersection (or for some other reason). There are lots of other chirps for highway driving.

If you can't pin it down to a particular kind of driving scenario, maybe you could put your cell phone into recording mode and leave it running until you hear that sound, and then post the result on this forum. I've noticed that most of the chirps I hear have a distinctive tone and meaning, but none of the sounds I can recall fit the "bubble" description (at least, not in my mind).

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 12:27 AM

Garage
Lane keep assist telling you you're drifting out of your lane, maybe?

It also sometimes gives you a false alert when you drive over something it thinks is a lane line but isn't. For example, mine beeps every time I driver over a "school ahead" painted on the road by my house.

2018 PHEV
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 02:10 PM

You mean 3 quick beeps? Pretty sure that’s warning you that it’s getting cold (39 deg F). It’s be new since it’s getting cold just now. If you park in a garage it can take a good mile
or two before it adjusts down.

When you hear it the temp will say (39, or lower) and there will be a snowflake icon on the dash.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page