Yet another newbie - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Yet another newbie

Have a 2019 Touring edition. Great car. The KLA thing is strange but you get used to the steering wheel nudging you every once in a while. Many have said this before, but i do wish it would stay in EV mode a bit more. You get tired of fiddling with your gas and brake to keep it in EV. I think just forgetting about the hybrid thing and just driving as a regular car will likely not have a huge penalty on the fuel economy. We are running snow tires with two passengers and averaging 5.6L/100km.

We also own a Soul EV and I will say it is more fun to drive and way more responsive. The 120km range meets about 95% of our driving, but the Niro brings us a 850km partner.

I will say that the auto braking, auto cruise, LDA and LKA make the Niro the ultimate commuter car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 05:52 AM

Welcome to the forum @biffidum , Congrats on getting your Niro!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Welcome to the forum and a nice addition to your stable of Kia EV's. They have significantly upped specs on the new 2020 Soul EV, rumors are that range has nearly doubled.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome @biffidum

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (15500 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleen View Post
Welcome to the forum and a nice addition to your stable of Kia EV's. They have significantly upped specs on the new 2020 Soul EV, rumors are that range has nearly doubled.
Agree.

Design has been a big thing for me and the new model looks great, although the front end can be mistaken for a Range Rover.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Additional range would be welcome for our Soul. Reality is with 130km it meets our needs 95% of the time. I would wonder if the kW/km would be slightly worse with the added weight of a larger battery. We see a hit on range as passenger number increases. Currently it costs us $1.50 for an 82km commute. That is charging at home.

The Niro costs about $3.50 for the same trip (highway).

I expect the cost of ownership to be lowest for the Soul as there are no oil changes, or any fluid maintenance, ever. The battery has a 15yr warranty (70% capacity).

With the Niro we have the capacity to travel further. Charging stations are few and far between here in Ontario Canada, so longer trips are out of the question with the Soul.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:29 AM

Hello Everyone. Just bought a 2019 Niro Touring last Dec 15. Loving the car until last Friday, Dec 28 when it wont start the ICE. Its says check hybrid engine system. Maybe i cant handle Manitoba’s winter chills. Hope it will be fixed soon. Advance happy new year!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page