2018 EX Touring Graphite Edition - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

2018 EX Touring Graphite Edition

March, 2019: Just bought a leftover 2018 EX Touring Graphite Edition for $26,500 “out the door”. Vehicle price was $24,903, the rest was for taxes, tags, doc fee, whatever. I wanted a 2019 EX but for some reason local dealers only had FE and LX models, though I really like the looks of this one. We’re also getting better mpg than the rates 43 mpg combined city/hwy.

My wife commutes 60 miles one way so we’re hoping to save on gas money. I hope what we save on gas is eaten by higher maintenance costs.

I picked the Niro because we wanted a hybrid and this one met my most important criteria — I had to fit behind the wheel and be able to drive it safely. I’m 6’8” which is pretty tall. This was the only hybrid, in my price range, that worked for me. I’ve driven it on some trips between 100 and 200 miles, with stretch stops, and have been mostly comfortable. I would like to cut out the left-side hard plastic wall of the center console where it meets the dashboard that my right leg rests against quite uncomfortably. If it was my daily driver I would probably do that. I’ll make do with a soft pad stuck between my leg and the console wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTheNiro View Post
March, 2019: Just bought a leftover 2018 EX Touring Graphite Edition for $26,500 out the door. Vehicle price was $24,903, the rest was for taxes, tags, doc fee, whatever. I wanted a 2019 EX but for some reason local dealers only had FE and LX models, though I really like the looks of this one. Were also getting better mpg than the rates 43 mpg combined city/hwy.

My wife commutes 60 miles one way so were hoping to save on gas money. I hope what we save on gas is eaten by higher maintenance costs.

I picked the Niro because we wanted a hybrid and this one met my most important criteria I had to fit behind the wheel and be able to drive it safely. Im 68 which is pretty tall. This was the only hybrid, in my price range, that worked for me. Ive driven it on some trips between 100 and 200 miles, with stretch stops, and have been mostly comfortable. I would like to cut out the left-side hard plastic wall of the center console where it meets the dashboard that my right leg rests against quite uncomfortably. If it was my daily driver I would probably do that. Ill make do with a soft pad stuck between my leg and the console wall.
Welcome to the forum, hope the car works out for you guys. We've had our '18 PHEV for just about a year now and love it. We've had no maintenance issues to speak of over 22,000 miles so fingers crossed that trend continues. I agree that the interior space on the Niro is pretty nice compared to the competition, the driver's seat has an excellent adjustment range, fitting both my wife (5'2") and me (6'4"). The power memory seats are a great feature for us which was part of the reason we went with the EX Premium package.

I love the username too, I literally just this weekend told my wife the car's name should be Bobby Da Niro so evidently great minds think alike.

Jim
Southern Maryland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page