New owner - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

New owner

I just bought a used 2017 Niro and love it. I purchased from a non Kiro dealer so all I received for is the remaining balance of the standard 60K one. Is there a way I can visit a Kia dealer and pay for an inspection or whatever it takes to get the 100K Kia certified warranty?

Also, is there a compass that can be turned on to show all the time? I am getting 42.3 average MPG and thought I would get more......any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 PM

Where are you and what model do you have?

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hi Rod and welcome to the forum! What part of the world are you from, and tell us more on your new used Kia Niro? What is the trim level, color and the millage on it. Tell us why you have choosen this particular car ?..

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandrum View Post
I just bought a used 2017 Niro and love it. I purchased from a non Kiro dealer so all I received for is the remaining balance of the standard 60K one. Is there a way I can visit a Kia dealer and pay for an inspection or whatever it takes to get the 100K Kia certified warranty?

Also, is there a compass that can be turned on to show all the time? I am getting 42.3 average MPG and thought I would get more......any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rod
The 10 year/100,000 mile warranty applies to the ORIGINAL purchaser only. I'm not sure if dealers have the authority to inspect and certify a used vehicle to capture that warranty. The actual dealers when taking in their OWN product as a trade in have the ability to certify a used vehicle and offer a longer than average warranty, but even then I'm not sure if Kia or any manufacturer would allow the full 10/100,000 ............it would be worth asking but don't get your hopes up. Just curious, how much mileage was on the Niro when you purchased it? Also, your MPG can vary wildly depending on outdoor temperatures, whether or not snow tires are on it, wind, etc.......... expect your best MPG in late Spring, summer and fall in most climates,,,,,,,,,,, the warmer your climate the better MPG you will see.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. When I bought it the mileage was 21,250. I know when I was shopping around that Kia dealer"s big pitch was that they could "certify" their units and that I would be extended the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. I had a local dealer purchase it at an auction.

My mileage has not bumped up yet to the 48-52 range and has held steady around 42.5 to 43.5. I am light footed so hopefully as you said in the late spring, summer I will get better mpg. It has expensive Michelin tires on it.

Thanks,

Rod
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I have an LX with standard trim and bought it after a lot of research. We had a Prius and it was too small and my wife wanted a small SUV so the Niro fit the bill exactly. We live in southeast Kansas and are one of only two owners in our little town of 10,000.

It is blue and a real eye catcher with 23,212 miles on it. I didn't get the lane assist package, breaking package, etc and on my next one will look for those extras with the plug in package also.

My wife and I really love this vehicle!

Thanks,

Rod
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Rod, I have an 2019 ex premium plug in and have a compass that I can have show next to the speedometer. On the steering wheel right side is a button that looks like 2 sheets of paper. Click on that to move through the different screens. On each screen you can scroll through the options using the OK joystick to move up and down. Hopefully your car has the same system.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:24 PM

No compass on the LX. SE Kansas - still cold? Between cold weather and the fast speeds most seem to do on the highways out there, your mpg is not that out of range.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page