Multifunction switch for the headlight / fog - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Multifunction switch for the headlight / fog

I have this issue where my fog lights wonít turn on. This problem came to light couple weeks ago when we had nothing but rain for the whole week. I noticed this when I was about to drive home from my shop and turned on my headlight. I noticed that the dashboard indicator for the fog didnít turn on even on the switch it was at the on position. At first I assumed it got wet and blew out or something so I checked the bulbs and they were fine. Next day it wonít turn on so I pulled into the shop and went thru everything thatís related to the fog light, from the bulb themselves to the relay/fuse (didnít have one technically) to the switch itself. I plugged in my Autel maxxis scanner and tried to see if I can manually turn the fog on from the scanner and it did. At this point I assumed it was the switch that went bad. I looked around to see if anybody has it without having to go do the dealer unless itís a dealer only item but only rockauto has the part but I need a part number to cross reference it. Does anybody have a part number for it? My car is a 2012 Kia Optima EX 2.4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Being this is a forum more dedicated to the Kia Niro, I am not sure what help can be offered. Your Optima would likely have totally different parts to the rocker switch that is in the Niro. I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with the Optima. Hope you can get it figured out as I know that having lights that don't work as designed is not good.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanWalter View Post
My car is a 2012 Kia Optima EX 2.4L
Hi Ethan, probably that this forum couls help you with the part # chase!

https://www.optimaforums.com/index.php

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (15500 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page