New Member - Isaac Jensen - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By iaj1987

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Talking New Member - Isaac Jensen

Hey everyone,

I joined the forum a few weeks ago when I was looking for some information, and I have to say I am loving it! We bought our 2017 Kia Niro about 19 months ago and we just rolled over 62,000 miles. So far, the only issue we've had was a one-time occurrence of a cylinder misfire, which was never resolved. We had just had it in for scheduled maintenance, drove it about 90 miles, parked it overnight and the next morning it was misfiring something bad so we had it towed in for warranty inspection. They ended up having to tow it 60 miles because we aren't near a dealer and they got it there, it fired right up and they couldn't recreate the issue. The code read "possible problem(s) with the engine control system." Hasn't happened again since and that was about 6 months and 30,000 miles ago.

Other than that, we've LOVED our car. The gas mileage is insane! At one point on a road trip through western Nebraska, we went 180 miles with an average of 68mpg. It definitely hates the Minnesota winters though, because at best in cold weather we'll average about 38-40. Anyway, I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum!

Isaac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hi Isaac and welcome to the forum! What color and trim level you have on your 2017 HEV.?

For the misfire problem, it's weird that it has self-fix! and that is great news! Hope it wont come back!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Here's a picture of our car when we bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new car.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	5231  
lafe005 likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Glad you joined! it helps when discussing issues or asking questions if we know the specifics of your car, such as HEV, PHEV or EV. If you add that info to your profile in your signature line, it's a great help. It also helps to know where you live, and that can be added to your profile as well.

Welcome aboard!

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Glad you joined! it helps when discussing issues or asking questions if we know the specifics of your car, such as HEV, PHEV or EV. If you add that info to your profile in your signature line, it's a great help. It also helps to know where you live, and that can be added to your profile as well.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks for the tips! It's a 2017 HEV Kia Niro LX. As a side note, what's this Fuelly thing? Does it work as an app with android auto or do you have to manually enter the data at each fill-up?

Last edited by iaj1987; 07-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaj1987 View Post
Thanks for the tips! It's a 2017 HEV Kia Niro LX. As a side note, what's this Fuelly thing? Does it work as an app with android auto or do you have to manually enter the data at each fill-up?
Fuelly has both Android and iOS apps, although the iOS app is far superior in use. The Android app only allows adding a fillup. Anything else requires using their web site, where you can also add a fillup.

Yes, you manually enter the data at each fillup. However, it only takes a few seconds to enter your odometer mileage, then after you start the pump you can enter the cost per gallon/liter. After completing the fillup, you enter the quantity of fuel. It really takes little effort, and I even have my wife trained to write the mileage on the receipt and I enter it later, either on the web site or my phone app.

Since mine is a PHEV, you have to look at my mileage as simply what is possible by driving in EV mode as much as possible. I haven't put gas in my car for a month, and it's still showing a full tank. The dash display (which appears to be a touch optimistic) is reading just under 400 MPG so far on this tank. Once I need heat instead of A/C, that number is going to drop big time.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page