3Likes
  • 1 Post By Automizer
  • 1 Post By atc98092
  • 1 Post By yticolev
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

2019 PHEV New Owner, Hello

Hello Everyone

I just picked up my 2019 Niro SX PHEV in Graphite 2 days ago.

I have been lurking here for a few months while I made my decision to buy and again while i waited for it to come in. i'm in Western Canada and after putting my deposit down it took 6 weeks for delivery.
Looking forward to being apart of this community. This car was a big decision on my part and I am trying not to drag my feet on things, taking the lessons from every other vehicle I owned to hopefully give this car a longer life and more respect.

I will be installing a hitch in 1-2-ish weeks when a day opens up. I will post a write up after I'm done.

Dave
Dovidan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automizer View Post
Hello Everyone

I just picked up my 2019 Niro SX PHEV in Graphite 2 days ago.

I have been lurking here for a few months while I made my decision to buy and again while i waited for it to come in. i'm in Western Canada and after putting my deposit down it took 6 weeks for delivery.
Looking forward to being apart of this community. This car was a big decision on my part and I am trying not to drag my feet on things, taking the lessons from every other vehicle I owned to hopefully give this car a longer life and more respect.

I will be installing a hitch in 1-2-ish weeks when a day opens up. I will post a write up after I'm done.

Dave
welcome, I just passed my one year anniversary. Very happy.

2018 Niro PHEV LX Silver/charcoal
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 PM

Congratulations Dave. Like you I've been a lurker & devourer of all things Niro here for about a month. Tentatively I'm planning to start serious shopping in September.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

@charlesH
Thank you, and 1 year nice, any advice for for me?

@Dovidan
I went from a 2010 Prius to the 2019 Niro and man is it a jump in every way possible. It was a surprise to me how much of a difference the drive style was/is. It is going to take me probably a month to get used to it.
I went to 2 different dealerships before deciding, I got very different information from each stop. Shop around for a good dealer if you can too.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I second the motion about shopping around. The first dealer I went to didn't even attempt to come close to the numbers that I wanted. They just said gee, sorry and sent me on my way. Maybe they didn't think I was serious, but I went 15 miles up the road and another dealer was at least willing to try. We went back a forth a number of times, but they finally gave me want I wanted and I drove it home. Three months and 3000 miles later I am overall pleased. There's always something that could have been a bit better, but nothing significant. It's been 5 weeks since I bought gas, over 1100 miles, and it still shows over 3/4 full. And my home electric bill has increased at most about $1 a day. No gas only car can tough that.

Glad you're here!
npike likes this.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Welcome!
I am the owner of a 2019 Niro PHEV EX. I came from a 2008 Prius and my impression was exactly like yours. A great step up from the Prius.
Let us know the hitch you install and how you like it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

@atc98092
The dealer is such a huge part of the experience. The first dealer I went to could not get past "So.. What can we do to get you in a car today?" and refused to listen to anything I had to say or ask. Good thing there is normally several options.

@Johnxyz
I loved my Prius, it was a fun car but I treated it like a fun car and it was not running the best when i gave it up. But the Niro is my first "Dad" car. It is taking some getting used to, like with the radio staying on until you open the door, I keep hitting the start button again to shut it off but instead I turn the car back on. And the double break ta for the hill assist I keep trying to get that to activate. I'm sure everything on this car will become second nature soon enough.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automizer View Post
@atc98092
The dealer is such a huge part of the experience. The first dealer I went to could not get past "So.. What can we do to get you in a car today?" and refused to listen to anything I had to say or ask. Good thing there is normally several options.
Hard core sales techniques like that and a failure to listen is not a mark of a top sales person. I should know as I once sold timeshare briefly and you only have one shot to make a sale - that's hardcore! But it can be done nicely, without putting the client in a box every sentence. And even there, you must listen, ideally more than you talk.
FlNiro likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:46 AM

Obviously you folk in the Americas have a very different type of franchised dealer.
In the UK, I went to a local dealer that holds many different franchises in our area. The staff were friendly and very helpful - knowledgeable too. I plied them with all sorts of questions which were answered truthfully and acurately. Always a 'hello, how are you' on entering the dealership. They were keen to find out what I wanted before offering solutions. Not once did I get the hard sell - very different from Toyota, Ford.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:55 PM

To give you an idea, I just picked up a PHEV. When I got it the battery was empty. And they got the wrong type of license plate. I'm going to return my plate that I got with the car, and get a "green" plate. It'll gives me access to drive in the high occupancy lanes when I'm by myself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page