2019 Niro S Tourning - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

2019 Niro S Tourning

hello folks, for a month reading up things you have posted, finally got one earlier than planned. initially I was waiting for 2020 because of the mid year revision with better looking nose with cool looing DRL and 10 inch screen. I had some time over the past weekend and went to the dealer to look at a Stinger for my son had who just graduated with a job but ended with my car instead. $7k off MSRP was the primary reason and I can live with ugly face :-) in exchange for $7k off. purchased price just for the car was $2,2340 for base S touring with dealer add-ons like stripes and molding [forced add on]. Question for you, is S Touring only available in 2019? I don’t see this in 2020 listed [Korean release] nor the first year 2017 US release. This may not be a popular model considering one purchased has a manufacture date of 10/2018. It sat around the dealer for almost a year before I came and rescued.

things to come, LED light conversion [inside, DL], tow hitch, roofbox with crossbar, and window vent shade. I am guessing I will loose about 1-2 MPG with all the extra weight I am putting on the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Garage
Welcome! You'll love the Niro. I believe the S models began for the 2019 model years of the HEV. The PHEV still only has the 3 trims (LX, EX, EX Premium) while the BEV has just two (EX, EX Premium). Curious if you tried the PHEV before buying the HEV?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverFlash View Post
Curious if you tried the PHEV before buying the HEV?

Because 2020 is just one month away, there weren't that many choices around 50 miles radius. paying extra for PHEV may not be too beneficial considering my commute will be 50+ miles around trip and I am regularly drive long distance. I traded in RX350 and sold SC430 so I will be saving $1000+ just on gas and $200 on insurance. I will definitely loose the versatility of RX350 and winter weather months but I am planning to use all the attachments used in RX on the Niro. So far I am averaging 40MPG with a/c on mixed driving. I am learning and utilizing the gauges to best utilize and get the most MPG. For now itís novelty but enjoying the learning to drive a hybrid to get max MPG without the hypermiling I see with Prius drivers on left lane 😊
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 PM

Window vent shades, cross bar, and top box will be more like a 5 mpg hit.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome! Please add your location in your profile, as it's easier to answer questions if we know where you are. Most people also add their car info in their signature line, which also helps answer questions later.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:39 AM

Garage
I have the Kia brand crossbars and that's a 2-3 mpg hit all by themselves plus the added wind noise above 65mph. Sounds like the sunroof is vented slightly. Add the cargo box and that's another 1-3 hit. Alas, with the PHEV I'm still averaging 60+ mpg with A/C running almost constantly so I'm happy.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page